394 needs rebuilding in northeast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody Longbranch

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I bought a stock Husqvarna 394 that ran really good till the tiny screw that holds the choke plate on the shaft got sucked into the case.
I took it apart and found the tiny screw lodged between the case and the crankshaft. Put it together with a new pre-loctited tiny screw in the choke baffle plate. It happened again. This time the tiny screw was in the cage fore the crank bearing,(cant remember which side),
The second time I put it back together I use the new screw and I use my own Loctite but I'm getting a weird noise from the saw and occasionally it will just stall out I want to get it rebuilt either back to stock a possibly ported and Polished I'm in the Northeast and I want to know who's nearby in who wants to receive the power head and rebuild it for me and approximately how much it's going to cost I know you don't know all the details but approximately how much it's going to cost 20190116_105021.jpg 20190116_105021.jpg 20190116_110921.jpg and that's it

The choke and throttle plate screws are normally staked where the thread sticks out of there shafts. They hit the threads sticking out of the shaft so they can’t back out. Most carbs are done this way.

I worked on my cub cadet and installed a new Chinese carb and noticed the choke plate screws weren’t staked. Just one thing to watch out for with these imported carbs.

Contact “ chainsaws unlimited” he’s in southbury, ct. he’s my go to guy. I know Dave for decades. He will fix it right.

The choke and throttle plate screws are normally staked where the thread sticks out of there shafts. They hit the threads sticking out of the shaft so they can’t back out. Most carbs are done this way.

I worked on my cub cadet and installed a new Chinese carb and noticed the choke plate screws weren’t staked. Just one thing to watch out for with these imported carbs.

Contact “ chainsaws unlimited” he’s in southbury, ct. he’s my go to guy. I know Dave for decades. He will fix it right.
Yeah it was a stock saw. Original carb. Apparently it's something that should be checked I do use the saw at high RPMs to chop up the brush in the back of the trailer maybe that caused it to vibrate loose cuz it happened while I was working the saw lock up. Then I broke the pull cord trying to start it.
Then it happened a second time after I put the saw back together with an original equipment replacement screw that came pre dabbed with Loctite. And the second time it came out is when it made it past the crank in the case and lodged itself in the bearing cage I don't remember which side it was on but I took it apart fished it out but I could tell that it had distorted and mutilated the inner cage that holds the bearings.
It's still started and ran but it didn't seem to have full power and it made a funny noise it's going to be the bearings. Neither time when that little screw came out did it actually mutilate the cylinder or the piston. It didn't do him any good but it didn't Maul the cylinder wall.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the song right now I just bought a 288 Performance Off from Brett Carter in Kentucky from this site I'm very satisfied with his work but I thank you for your input and I will take that into consideration next time I replace a carburetor

Latest posts

Back