394xp conversion to tall air filter- Part # needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncinco

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
When converting from the standard air filter to the taller air filter, there seems to be a neck piece that goes from the carb to the filter. Anybody know the part # and wheres the best place to get it? If you have one for sale, let me know as well. Here I was thinking you just slap the new filter and top cover on and your all set. Nope, not quite that easy. The good news is I picked up two filters, two tall covers, and a new working pull starter/recoil mechanism all off ebay cheap. A couple more parts and a bit of work and I am going to have a great looking set of twins. Everybody needs 2 394XPs, right? OK OK I am seeking counseling already.

Hioctane... I jumped on the Husqvarna site to try and find a pdf of that exoloded parts listing you gave joncinco for his 394, but for my 395XP, and couldn't find it. I'm looking for the part number for my coil, is it the same in both the 394 and 395?

Thanks. Longer neck is 503 56 00-02 and the ring that clips in is 503 70 88-01. See if I can order it from Baileys but it doent list, may have to call them.

Scotchbrite? I only use never dull.

woodshop said:
Hioctane... I jumped on the Husqvarna site to try and find a pdf of that exoloded parts listing you gave joncinco for his 394, but for my 395XP, and couldn't find it. I'm looking for the part number for my coil, is it the same in both the 394 and 395?
+

394 and 395 got the same coil. # 5036 398 01

Thanks guys, you saved me some time. Can I assume switching out a coil is not that big of a deal? It doesn't look like it from the pdf, but then pictures can be decieving.

woodshop said:
Thanks guys, you saved me some time. Can I assume switching out a coil is not that big of a deal? It doesn't look like it from the pdf, but then pictures can be decieving.
Easy to replace,remove starter cover and air duct over the flywheel.Dont forget to adjust gap between flywheel and coil,around .012

Back