• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 394xp parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Trexler

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently bought a 394xp from another member and received it only to find that it had a cracked gas tank that wasn't shown in pictures or in the description. So I'm looking to purchase a good used 394xp fuel tank. Also need top cover with air filter cover. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I realize that. I can buy just about every part brand new but why would I pay retail when there's a possibility I can buy used. Other then this guy selling me the 394xp without telling me about the trashed gas tank this site has been pretty helpful so I figured I may could save some money and find used parts so this saw doesn't become a money pit due to misfortune. Thanks for the input anyways.

It is the high top. I'm more interested in finding the gas tank because that part cost $150+ new so that's the part I would like to find a good used one.

Honestly it look like at some point the chain threw off and ate up the corner that is right beside the clutch cover. So I honestly can't see it being fixable.

I sorry if my comment seemed like I didn't appreciate the help. I'm just aggravated a little with the tank issue, and how the guy just brushed it off. It's not like it was just a $100 purchase he got paid very well for the saw so a little more seller accountability would have been nice instead of just saying "I didn't even know the tank was cracked."

Tell the guy u want 20 bucks back or something to cover a beer for your agrivatuons and shipping to NMURPH. If he's a member here call him out

I'm really trying not to cast stones but I paid $300 for the saw and I'm fine with the parts that are missing because I expected that but the tank really just caught me off guard. Other then the tank the saw is in pretty good shape just needs to be put together. I was hesitant to call out the guy also because he seemed to have a really good reputation on here so I just figured everyone would take his side.

In the ad he said nothing of the tank being bad and all the pictures were taken of the saw looking straight down so there was no way you could see it. And to make it worse I even asked if there was anything else wrong with the saw other then a few missing pieces and needing to be reassembled and he said no. Still have the conversation to prove it and him saying he didn't know about the cracked tank. I just believe that if you sell something and there's a problem that you should as least do something to try and make it right. I know I would have tried to make it right if I had been the one who sold the saw.

If you've attempted to resolve the problem with the seller already and he's blown you off......................................why NOT state who he is? Would help others not go down the same road....

All he did to try and resolve the issue was look to see if he had an extra tank to which I was going to have to pay for also. The seller was Stihls066. I thought at first we were going to be able to work it out but at this point just seems like he either forgot about it or doesn't care.

I did see that saw for sale, i don't recall the guy saying he had checked it out, it looked like he bought it in a box and sold it in a box. Genuine mistakes can be made sometimes.

Latest posts

Back