• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 394xp parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That my friend is where you are wrong the pictures were of the saw laid out in pieces on a concrete floor. I don't know about you but when I buy a saw whether it be to sell or keep I check it over visually especially if I'm going to say there nothing else wrong with it. I specifically asked what else was wrong and was not informed about the issue. I mean its not like the messed up part of the tank was hidden it was right on the corner and semi covered with JB weld which is grey on an orange saw. This is exactly why I was hesitant to out the guy people like you are going to jump on his side even though this was most certainly a seller error.

That my friend is where you are wrong the pictures were of the saw laid out in pieces on a concrete floor. I don't know about you but when I buy a saw whether it be to sell or keep I check it over visually especially if I'm going to say there nothing else wrong with it. I mean its no like the mess up part of the tank was hidden it was right on the corner. This is exactly why I was hesitant to out the guy people like you are going to jump on his side even though this was most certainly a seller error.

Big difference in a "Seller Error" and "Outright Dishonesty" mate. I'm not jumping in anyone's boat more so just simply saying things can easily get overlooked and to get called a crook because of it is a bit unfair.

In the end whether it be dishonestly or seller error is there much difference. Same end result and that is a disappointed buyer who didn't receive what they paid for or expected to get. True judge of character is not the mistakes you make, but how you go about fixing the mistakes you make. We can agree that if you were to buy something you'd want to receive what you thought you were getting with no extra surprises

Post some pics of it, lets see how bad of shape this tank is in...Does it leak or does it just look like it might?

I've put saws together that the tank looks fine, then put gas in to start them and it starts leaking...some cracks are hard to spot.

Sent tank to nmurph already to see if he can at least make it usable until I can justify the cost of a new tank down the road sometime.

Not trying to argue but i never mentioned charging you for a replacement tank. I did not see the patch or it woulda been listed. I ran out took pictures and ran back in the house to a screaming 6 month old baby. I have been trying to track one down to no avail currently. I do apologize for not updating you since beginning of the month i have been swamped at work and thought we were on the same page obviously not. I will refund you $45 for the tank or buy the saw back plus return shipping. No reason a reputation should get stained over a honest mistake.

Not trying to argue but i never mentioned charging you for a replacement tank. I did not see the patch or it woulda been listed. I ran out took pictures and ran back in the house to a screaming 6 month old baby. I have been trying to track one down to no avail currently. I do apologize for not updating you since beginning of the month i have been swamped at work and thought we were on the same page obviously not. I will refund you $45 for the tank or buy the saw back plus return shipping. No reason a reputation should get stained over a honest mistake.
Very good response. Nothing left up in the air here.

I agree and told you I'd take the refund. Which I believe is fair and will more then show that you are a stand up guy to all these folks on here.

I would just like to say that me and stihls066 were able to work out everything, and truly he is a stand up guy. Would not hesitate to buy another saw from him. Thanks again for all the help guys.

I do not miss 6 month age and if the poor man is getting any sleep at all he's lucky as hell. good man for making it right.

Figures i send the refund then a buddy calls seeing if i could use a good 394 tank. Anyways i have a tank getting shipped to me so if nmurph cant fix the other let me know :)

Good outcome i guess, but I am still of the opinion that if you cant afford a saw in going condition, don't expect to buy a parts box and expect to have a shelf queen with no out of pocket expenses...

I tip my hat to stihls066, but that's about as far as the hat tipping goes.

If it's just cracked, it most likely can be fixed. If chunks are missing, then yes, you need a new tank. I would be glad to give it a shot at fixing it- no charge. I'm not that far from you. Shipping would be $10 or so.
I think we should all be " tipping our hats" to Mr. Neal Murphy. :clap:

Good outcome i guess, but I am still of the opinion that if you cant afford a saw in going condition, don't expect to buy a parts box and expect to have a shelf queen with no out of pocket expenses...

I don't know about you guys but anyone else get the feeling wally's got a problem with me lol. I'm not sure how you compare my expectation of receiving a descent saw for the amount I paid to wanting a shelf queen. Fact is I don't want a brand new saw if I did I'd buy one. A wise man once told me if you don't have anything relevant or productive to add to a conversation its better to just stay out of it in the first place and so far your striking out with all your comments. If you have a problem with me just shoot me a PM and we'll hash it out there no need for you to keep sounding like a jerk on this thread.

And I absolutely tip my hat to Neal people like him in the chainsaw community make up for the other not so useful ones.

Wanting a shelf queen with no out of pocket expenses? How do you get that from what the OP actually posted? He paid good money for a project saw and found an undisclosed functional problem with a major component. He was far more reasonable than many folks would have been....

Thankfully, the seller made it right. Once that happened, the OP was very gracious about making statements to support the seller's reputation. Many folks wouldn't have done that either.

Latest posts

Back