395 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
Video is uploading. It's HD video off my canon T3 since my video camera was dead and I didn't have a camera operator.

have more :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::givebeer::popcorn::popcorn:

mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
HD videos and DSL don't mix. I have a video of the xpw in the same wood with different b/c. I started uploading it on the laptop since the other one is taking so long. It says 45 minutes left for the 395 video:censored: 18 minutes left for the xpw video and it started about 15 minutes behind using 4G:angry:

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
HD videos and DSL don't mix. I have a video of the xpw in the same wood with different b/c. I started uploading it on the laptop since the other one is taking so long. It says 45 minutes left for the 395 video:censored: 18 minutes left for the xpw video and it started about 15 minutes behind using 4G:angry:

I feel ya. . . It's taken me 3 hours to just produce a 13 minute video in HD -- then a coons age to upload it.

You have to have a fancy computer and connection to really do any serious HD video stuff.

mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
It got to 68% and locked up:taped: I did start it on the laptop and now we're only 15 minutes away:msp_angry:

Here's the xpw video to tide you guys over

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FkVplpjLdRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
dooby

dooby

ArboristSite Guru
I feel ya. . . It's taken me 3 hours to just produce a 13 minute video in HD -- then a coons age to upload it.

You have to have a fancy computer and connection to really do any serious HD video stuff.

My kids said we have a fairly fast system. I wouldn't know ! But yes, the study i was doing was a good one. I know where there are several 2100/2101 baskets. Maybe even some 181/281/288 stuff. Will have to go see if the ol' badger will let anything go.:rolleyes2:

mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
Ok here it is finally. :bang:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SQ1pgf25FUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dooby

dooby

ArboristSite Guru
:blob2:i liked it,i liked it.:rock: Was it starting to rain ? LOoked like you wanted to leave in a hurry.LOL.What kinda chain you runnin'? Any idea on comp. and rpm's?

Last edited:
mdavlee

mdavlee

Tree Freak
That was 13.4k there. It ran the strongest right there. At 12.8k it was too rich and 13.8 it lost a little cut time. It was still 4 stroking at 14.4k but I'm not wanting to have it tuned that high. It did jump up to 14.9k when it ran out of fuel.:bang: I thought it had an air leak all the sudden. It didn't take long at all to go through half a tank.

It was pulling around 10k in the cut. That chain was full comp square ground that was too grabby to run on the xpw. I did have an 8 pin on both saws there. I need to get my 32" bar back from a friend. I need to go get a big chunk of oak that will use the whole 32" bar and then compare it again. I have no idea on compression. I don't have a working tester. I've got 3 in the junk pile:help: I think it may benefit from more compression and a little more intake and exhaust. There's more there to take out in case I do have machine work done on it.