.404 for gear drive saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I recently ordered some .404 pitch sprockets for my homelite 770gs and my 990g from Randy's engine repair to convert over from the 1/2 inch pitch sprockets. However there was a misunderstanding and I was sent drum sprockets for the direct drive versions of these saws. When I called Randy to tell him he was very appologetic about the misunderstanding and said he would look into getting the right sprockets. As those of you who own these 1/2 drive saws you know that .404 conversions are practically nonexistant. Well Randy called me back and said that he could not find anything used or nos to help me but that he had a good friend who might be able to machine them for me. I just recieved mine in the mail and got it installed on my 990g and it works like a charm. The fit is good and they appear to be very stoutly made in an 8 tooth pattern. He has the single and double keyway versions for most gear drive homies.Retail is $50.00 wich should pay for itself by allowing you to use the much more readily accessable .404 pitch chain. Randy has always treated me well over many transactions.:clap:

Just thought I would let everyone know. I've always gotten help finding the stuff I needed here and would like to help out. Randy's # is (937)-927-5429

Latest posts

Back