40cc Shoot Out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody has their favorite, of course, but an Efco 4000 would be good in the show. I like mine, and its fast as heck.

I think that with these small saws the 6-tooth has more chain speed because it doesn't pull the rpms down as much. The extra rpms saved makes up for the 7th tooth. Have you experimented with that any?

I sure have. When I first started porting at saws I ground the piss out of a bunch of Wildthangs. That helped me understand what helped and what hurt without ruining expensive saws.

Your thoughts and mine are the same on this. I do wonder how .325 7 pin would be though.

I sure have. When I first started porting at saws I ground the piss out of a bunch of Wildthangs. That helped me understand what helped and what hurt without ruining expensive saws.

Your thoughts and mine are the same on this. I do wonder how .325 7 pin would be though.

I just finished a 45cc earthquake and it has a rim drive sprocket. Right now it's wearing a 8-tooth .325. I plan on trying other options though to see what is faster. It would probably make an interesting thread.

I just finished a 45cc earthquake and it has a rim drive sprocket. Right now it's wearing a 8-tooth .325. I plan on trying other options though to see what is faster. It would probably make an interesting thread.

Not being well learned in these small saws I don't know what would work on this RedMax to change it to rim drive. Do you know?

Not being well learned in these small saws I don't know what would work on this RedMax to change it to rim drive. Do you know?

What's the model number? I know that the 38cc and 45cc earthquake share the same drum. You may be able to get one from another model redmax. Google has been my friend when comparing ipls.

I have not seen any yet for the small RedMax saws - they have a step cut into the spur to engage the oil pump drive, so they are somewhat different. I certainly could have missed it though.

I have not seen any yet for the small RedMax saws - they have a step cut into the spur to engage the oil pump drive, so they are somewhat different. I certainly could have missed it though.

Exactly.

The Dolmar 420 is on the bench now.......the 5100 drum fits it just right.

Back