40cc Shoot Out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these saws running 3/8 lowpro or .325? :confused:

Powerhead weights around 10.5#?:taped:

From the looks of it the Dolmar and Stihl appeared pretty similar with the Redmax a distant 3rd. I'm thinking my MM Makita DCS401 would eat their lunch:buttkick:, but it has been MMed(happiest 13.5-13.8K), BUT it weighs considerably less.:rock: I JUST pulled a NIB specimen and weighed it. On my scale, dry, it weighs 8#14oz, powerhead only.:clap:

If I had to run a 10.5# powerhead saw, I would be running a MMed 026. If you have the weight of the 50cc saw, you might as well have the displacement and power.:chainsaw:

Thats what I am thinking too. 8lbs to just under 10lbs PHO weight for a 40cc under. Otherwise give me the 3 cubes for close to same PHO weight.

I liked the weight of this redmax 3800 under 10lbs PHO. Says Dry Weight: 9.3 lbs but I can not confirm this.

Just test cutting with semi chisel 3/8lp. Sure wish they would have had the PS3 back then for the gtg's in the 40cc under class.

[video=youtube;DYmgZBu1Ga0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYmgZBu1Ga0[/video]

Last edited:
Tree monkey just finished monkeying with Sarah's 420, haven't got it back yet. Really look forward to using it. We will have it with this weekend down at hedgerows GTG. Will try to get a video of it and post it here.

hmmm... I'm gonna come find sarah's 420! I'm kinda curious myself on the 420/421 series. I do love my little 341/401 dolmars. I'm only hate the 341/401's single loose crank bearing style that it shares with 009-011 stihls. UGH! good crank case volume though... probably support 50cc top end.

Better be careful in a top like that, the old geezers ain't got the spring in his step he once had. Yeah, I feel it too..........

We had the splitter pulled right up in there and the truck backed up to it..........us old bastards gotta work smarter......not harder.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Italian's do everything sexy :msp_thumbup: I just need to get to it :pumpkin2:
DSCF1334_zps5df2db58.jpg

DSCF1333_zps8f9c876b.jpg

We had the splitter pulled right up in there and the truck backed up to it..........us old bastards gotta work smarter......not harder.

:hmm3grin2orange:

You forgot the young backs to do the loading and stacking. I find nowdays I am better suited for the control valve on the splitter, yeah that's my job.....

You forgot the young backs to do the loading and stacking. I find nowdays I am better suited for the control valve on the splitter, yeah that's my job.....

The youngest is Jon......he's 33.

I'm next at 48.

Then Steve is 49.......Rudy is 58.....Keith is 60.......Frank is 65.......Dale is 72.

That's our regular tree killing crew. God help us. :laugh:

I'm next at 48.

Then Steve is 49.......Rudy is 58.....Keith is 60.......Frank is 65.......Dale is 72.

So they have tree cutting classes for retirement homes?:D

It is obvious you don't know what you're doing. I did not see any mingo markers or yardsticks. You got all different lengths of wood, it will not all dry the same.

Fear not! With the way the illegal aliens are now pouring across the boarders you will have know problem with the stacking.Thanks to the "Obama" administration. Just be sure to lock up your saws, tools and anything else of value, Ken

I'm next at 48.

That's a good bunch of guys to work around. I enjoyed that day of cutting with them. :)

We do pretty good for a bunch of "old guys" We did a 36" oak removal a couple of weeks ago......

I went in the local store and the guy we did it for spotted me and called me over. He was telling the other guys how fast we got it done. He said "Randy and a few old guys showed up and got that damn tree down, split and hauled off faster than most fellers could start their damn saw".

:clap:

We do pretty good for a bunch of "old guys" We did a 36" oak removal a couple of weeks ago......

I went in the local store and the guy we did it for spotted me and called me over. He was telling the other guys how fast we got it done. He said "Randy and a few old guys showed up and got that damn tree down, split and hauled off faster than most fellers could start their damn saw".

:clap:

He must know dano. :msp_w00t:

Back