40ft Tree (broken) Leaning 40ft Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because it doesn't apply to this situation

One could argue hiring a bucket truck doesn't need to apply in this situation either.

However, one is doable by a homeowner to get a tree down safely.

This is classic arborist elitism at trying to denigrate anything other than the most complex way to get something down to drive their services only.

One could argue hiring a bucket truck doesn't need to apply in this situation either.

However, one is doable by a homeowner to get a tree down safely.

This is classic arborist elitism at trying to denigrate anything other than the most complex way to get something down to drive their services only.
No, it's a couple decades of experience in some of the nastiest situations a pro can find himself in, and seeing way too many trees go wrong.

Well, I guess by your logic, ifbyou can't climb, every problem tree looks like it has to be cut from the ground.

now you're getting it.

Just add in "with a pole saw from a safe 10 fee back from the tree".

Seriously, it baffles me your so against a "safer" way to get a tree down. There is no 100% safe way, even climbing, one just has to minimize the risks.

How about chaining it right at the splinter, ~5' up and pulling it sideways to the right, to snap it?
The biggest challenge with this tree based off the pics is the trunk was hollow, and compromised to the point of failure, allowing it to fall into the other tree, yet the roots are still apparently sound, and there is still a lot of strong wood there, and based on the location and opening of the split the trunk is under a considerable amount of torsional tension. The problem with just hooking a chain from the ground and brute forcing it is if it doesn't work, and I don't think it's compromised enough that it will, you have just made a bad situation worse and more hazardous.

The guy filming the scene for tic toc clout.

If you doing the deed, you already made peace with the risks.
This site is all about giving good advice to keep the risks to a minimum. Sometimes that advice is going to be you're in over your head with your experience and equipment set, you're better off hiring a pro and paying for some valuable learning experience.

Back