42cc Woodshark ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you like the strato versus the old non strato design? The limited experience I have suggests they run more smoothly.

Still working on getting them up and running. I must say that I like the plane Jane Poulan box store saws, Wild Thingies, 2150, Preditor etc. As soon as I've been able to use one for a while I'll report back.

Too many projects!!

Regards,

Lee:msp_smile:

That's what I suggested ealier in this thread, but I don't remember who or what was the source of that "info"....

If I remember this weekend, I'll do some measuring on the ones I have. May end up helping my father in law cut up some trees though.

I have a 1950 Woodshark which says 36cc on the tag, same as my 2050. My 2150 says 42cc, as does the 3816 I just picked up. The first three of these are non-strato, the 3816 is strato. I think Poulan advertises different displacements but in reality only has two sizes for the smaller saws, 36 and 42.

As an aside I picked up the 3816 cheap on Fleabay because the seller said the compression was 60 psi. I checked and it reads 100 psi dry and 135 wet on my automotive gauge. I suspect the actual numbers would be somewhat higher if I had a real small engine compression tester, at any rate the pull effort feels the same as my other Poulans. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get it going.

Yes.

Check the crankshaft part numbers, I believe all the Poulans up to maybe the PP5020's have the same crank and there are only 2 displacements, 35cc and 42cc. Can't just change the stroke and use the same cylinder, ports would no longer be right.

Latest posts

Back