• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 441 mtronic coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Anybody got a mtronic 441 coil laying around? I can do PayPal or stihl parts.

What are the part numbers off of your old coil and carb this is important there are five different coils and they do not interchange

Putting the wrong coil on can do anything from make the saw not start to have it advanced so far it detonates and destroys your piston.

Putting the wrong coil on can do anything from make the saw not start to have it advanced so far it detonates and destroys your piston.

Hey sorry I forgot to update im just going to leave it carb’d. May still go mtronic in the future but right now I’m happy with how it’s running. Got a 441c case, crank, piston and jug and the rest is all 441. Goes pretty good with base delete and timing advance.

OK if you do ever decide to go mtronic be sure to get the flywheel coil and carburetor matched to the case It is my understanding that there were four carburetors five coils and three fly wheels They also moved the position of the coil in the case slightly Because it was getting too hot if I understood him correctly so if you don’t have the right set in the right case it can do anything from Be so far advanced it destroys itself to so far retarded it won’t run I have a print out of a lot of the information on that somewhere if I can find it I will take pictures of it and post it

OK if you do ever decide to go mtronic be sure to get the flywheel coil and carburetor matched to the case It is my understanding that there were four carburetors five coils and three fly wheels They also moved the position of the coil in the case slightly Because it was getting too hot if I understood him correctly so if you don’t have the right set in the right case it can do anything from Be so far advanced it destroys itself to so far retarded it won’t run I have a print out of a lot of the information on that somewhere if I can find it I will take pictures of it and post it

Cool, nice to find someone knowledgeable on here instead of these jacklegs. And I’d appreciate that info I have everything to go mtronic except the coil everything matches the case it was a saw that got ran over and was missing the coil.

Cool, nice to find someone knowledgeable on here instead of these jacklegs. And I’d appreciate that info I have everything to go mtronic except the coil everything matches the case it was a saw that got ran over and was missing the coil.
I don’t know if I would say I’m knowledgeable it’s just a hobby for me and I’ve picked up a few things along the way I ran into a problem with one of them a few were months ago so I did a bunch of research to try and figure out what was going on My Stihl dealer who happens to be a good friend is the one that told me all that in provided the information I will be happy to pass it along as soon as I can find it I wish I had it in a digital form but all I have is a piece of paper. Just to be honest I would not go in the trunk spoiler there’s lots of problems caused by that system according to my friend who is the dealer 95% of the saws that he hast to replace it under warranty is caused by the M Tronic system failing it might lean it out too much or he has some that will run them so rich they carbon up real bad To the point a chunk breaks off and scores the cylinder The one I was working on when I found out all that is still sitting in a box in my shop I’m currently parting it out because the owner decided it was more trouble and money than it was worth And the saw only had about 25 tanks of fuel through it

I don’t know if I would say I’m knowledgeable it’s just a hobby for me and I’ve picked up a few things along the way I ran into a problem with one of them a few were months ago so I did a bunch of research to try and figure out what was going on My Stihl dealer who happens to be a good friend is the one that told me all that in provided the information I will be happy to pass it along as soon as I can find it I wish I had it in a digital form but all I have is a piece of paper. Just to be honest I would not go in the trunk spoiler there’s lots of problems caused by that system according to my friend who is the dealer 95% of the saws that he hast to replace it under warranty is caused by the M Tronic system failing it might lean it out too much or he has some that will run them so rich they carbon up real bad To the point a chunk breaks off and scores the cylinder The one I was working on when I found out all that is still sitting in a box in my shop I’m currently parting it out because the owner decided it was more trouble and money than it was worth And the saw only had about 25 tanks of fuel through it

What u want for it? What’s left? It’s def stronger than my 046 and it just has a base delete and timing advance.. I’d recommend doing those along with a muffler mod if you don’t mind the sound. Every stihl I have deleted the base gasket has had around .020 squish, not saying there ain’t none out there that won’t hit the top but I’ve yet to see one. It’s pretty easy to measure with solder and a micrometer Measure above the wrist pin

I don’t know man there’s not a whole lot left Here’s a picture of what I have the cases and crankshaft are no good the carburetor is missing a piece of linkage other than that everything’s in pretty good shape

Attachments

• 93C55E5F-9CFE-4D39-84AC-37C1D53D027B.jpeg
    93C55E5F-9CFE-4D39-84AC-37C1D53D027B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back