441c piston/cylinder replacement troubles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Payson Oberly

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm thinking there must be something I'm missing... Trying to replace piston and head but can't seem to get to the intake manifold/boot. Am I missing something? Also can't get the carb free. Not used to all the wires and cables on m-tronic. Thanks in advance!
9ccb6b0fbb812e5d06448adbc37b5d83.jpg

Did you get the 4 T27 M4s out? If you did I’ve found that the intake is pretty stuck on there after the heat sinks and time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post a picture of the front of carb so we can see where you are. Wire comes off kinda tricky remember where it is in the stop as it is easy to put it in the wrong place and only get 1/2 throttle when done.

Got carb off, still hooked up to wires and took pictures to not forget placement... head bolts off too. Can't get to the hose clamp (at least that's what's on my other saw) holding it all together
3a3eab3b89be84616e4786117d212e1b.jpg

Now you need to push the two intakes through that plastic thing with the studs. After that you will see the 4 screws.

Now that intake mechanism is pretty stuck on there and getting the throttle cable is kind of a pain. Otherwise a walk in the park.

Latest posts

Back