461/576 dilemma

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay Dolly queens I have a question, how well does a 7900 balance with a 28" Tsumura lightweight bar? Will it pull a full comp through 24" hardwood with grin factor or would skip be better?

Dolly with a 28" and full comp is no problem. Nice German saw. Ford150 is your Dolmar guy.

Okay Dolly queens I have a question, how well does a 7900 balance with a 28" Tsumura lightweight bar? Will it pull a full comp through 24" hardwood with grin factor or would skip be better?

I'm thinking it'd be a very nice match. I have a 28" solid bar on mine and it's a bit nose heavy unless you're holding the clutch side of the wrap handle. A 24" bar buried in hardwood will be a perfect application for a 7900. One thing that's really really nice about these saws is how smooth they are. Compared to an ms460 you can hardly tell that the saw is in wood. :)

My 28” Tsumura is on the way. I got me a full comp chain. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get into some wood. I’m going to set up the chain to hog some sweet gum. Can’t wait. I worked some big chunks of red oak with the 20” bar, scary is all I can say.

Back