480 cd

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trever

GB mill 076 Super Stihl
Reaction score
Does the 480 CD and 2100 CD share the same crank? If so, will a 2100 P&C fit a 480 CD? Thank you and have a blessed day.

Trever

Is this a saw to mod?

Nope. I researched some and they are not interchangeable. Their are other 77cc saws that will work. Possibly 280 CD, 380 CD, and maybe a few others.

Is this a good saw to mod?

Wouldn't mind knowing this as well....

....I've got a 280 and a 380 with 480 barrel and piston.

The 480 had another 1/2hp or so, I'm not sure why....just going off the workshop manual.

I would tentatively say that opening up the muffler would be the first mod - the muffler port seems fairly small for the cc, but I don't really know.

Anyone got any suggestions about porting, mods?

just a bolt on?

....I've got a 280 and a 380 with 480 barrel and piston.

is the 480 jug a direct bolt on to the 280 and 380?

i'm putting together a spreadsheet of interchangability... I add new info as I get it.

thanks.

I have two husky 480's, one has a piston and cyl from a 180 (atleast that was what it was advertised as on e-bay)

From what I can tell it *looks* like the older L77 jug and piston would be the same, but they're rare anyhow. You could downsize it to a 65 cc with the L65 piston and jug, the only difference there is theres less plug angle, but that shouldn't get in the way of any covers, as opposed to the other way around... the 80cc saw is 52x36 mm, and the 65 was 48x36mm

Latest posts

Back