4Cycle Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just bought a new Toro 2 cycle com.mower from my stihl dealer today.Made a remarke about no more 2 cycle,afraid what they were going to do to chainsaw.she said they already have,What they have is what left.The next will be 4 cycle.Is this true. Killer

stihls next move with 4 cycle will be a blower. i can tell you this much

Stihls 4-Mix engine is showing up on more equipment this year. Trimmers at first now polesaws, edgers etc. I also heard the next application will be a backpack blower. I am on a list to demo a saw when one becomes available.

We sell alot of Robin and Redmax true 4-stroke trimmers. Very good equipment. I know that Dolmar supposedly has a true 4-stroke saw in development!

Re: jim

Originally posted by stihltech
so what else am I going to learn at tech school tomorrow?

they got a bigger oiler for the 066's now too.
thats the only important things.. rest is boring warranty ???? and diamond wheel products

well im real happy they can find some way to get buy.. but ill go to poor house fore i sell any of my better 2 cycles now for sure..assuming they are grandfathered in. if they are,,it possible we looking at an double valued investment. in these higher quality saws..some people aint gonna change.
so u could have an market that goes up over time.. dan all them saws u got hid all over the place mite be the most valuable thing u can leave u grandkids. i can hear it now.. whod o thot grandpa was worth this kinda money.:)

school

Well, tech school was just that, school with tests. Stihl has decided we are all going to be the best trained techs out there. So this will be the first level of traing, 2 more to follow.
At least Crago was running the show, makes it a lot easier to take.
I did learn a few things though. This new gas is just the old gas from the eighties. Crappier crap. Ethanol added. Likes to make water, and corrode parts. Back to the one gallon cans for the homeowner crowd. Nasty stuff.
Oh, Stihlman, Have fun this weekend up yonder. The 026 runs!

Re: school

Originally posted by stihltech
Well, tech school was just that, school with tests. Stihl has decided we are all going to be the best trained techs out there. So this will be the first level of traing, 2 more to follow.
At least Crago was running the show, makes it a lot easier to take.
I did learn a few things though. This new gas is just the old gas from the eighties. Crappier crap. Ethanol added. Likes to make water, and corrode parts. Back to the one gallon cans for the homeowner crowd. Nasty stuff.
Oh, Stihlman, Have fun this weekend up yonder. The 026 runs!

What about the 361???

you goin for gold stihltech?

ive made it to silver, i just gotta buy a bunch of tools an ???? befoire i can go to gold./.

stupid you gotta do this if ya ask me

bwalker, the hardest part is trouble shooting.

it takes more than an hour on some saws..
try a jug and piston in a 020T in an hour.

Bwalker, The boat anchor analogy is EXACTLY what the dirtbike guys thought about the thumper Yamahas, now other makers are jumping on the bandwagon. HP is a function of rpm, but TORQUE does work. 4-stroke is the future, you don't have to like it but it is going to happen. I think there will an adjustment period where the factories have to work some bugs out but down the road we will all wonder why we were so hung up on peaky 2-strokes. Keep in mind that I plan to keep some of those 2 strokes forever, they may just end up a nostolgic reminders of days gone by.

The 361 is a 360 with better antivibe and better carb preheating.
It was strictly school, not much of the tech stuff i am used to.

Fish, I doubt Ben Crago wouldhave thrown you out. You have to learn to share.

The only guys that think any chainsaw can be fixed ina an hour, haven't repaired any for a living.

Originally posted by sedanman The boat anchor analogy is EXACTLY what the dirtbike guys thought about the thumper Yamahas, now other makers are jumping on the bandwagon. HP is a function of rpm, but TORQUE does work. [/B]

I've got a '79 Yamaha XT500 and what a dirt bike! That thing can climb barn doors! Great bike! Sure pulls thru this loose sand and no hill can stop it...

Old firearms, Wis. Tales, Birth of Harley
http://www.atthecreation.com/

Latest posts

Back