5 saws not passing oil to chain HELP PLEASE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not tolerate people calling me a prick. As far as a diagnosis, respectfully, and as kindly as I can put it neighbor, why does NOBODY understand I am not here for a diagnosis, rather I was here to have a simple question answered. Why is that so hard to see? Am I saying it wrong the 20 or so times I've reiterated? I mean thanks for offering your help it is appreciated, and I currently have one of the saws with my local husqvarna dealer who is a good neighbor, he is looking into it with me. I have had saws randomly run hot bars here in this area in the oast and just randomly be fine a week later. That's why I asked a question not for a diagnosis. I know EXACTLY what I am looking for when a saw doesn't oil properly, hence once more I reiterate I had asked a question about atmosphere, climate that changes on a dime and barometric pressure that shifts in crazy proportion sometimes here. That question was if anybody else every experienced these things affecting their oil system bc your tank vent equalizes atmospheric pressure, if the atmospheric pressure is unable to equalize, the saw may not pump enough oil, and short of measuring to see if I'm getting .027 oz per minute (really hard to do trust me) then I have no way of determining if this could be the issue besides asking what I thought was a very clear question with proper foreground that I did NOT WANT DIAGNOSIS ADVICE OR DID YOU CHECK THIS OR CHECK THAT. So again, thanks for your response neighbor and not being a ****!! But I spent too many years letting ppl who are hateful push me around and sometimes I struggle not to push back. **** soup of life, some ppl refuse to stop chitting in the bowl we all have to swim in together, but that unfortunately causes others to **** in the **** soup of life made from poop that comes out the butthole. Now I'm back to work 20hrs a day ain't over yet

No, I have used saws for 25 years in many different places and never suspected that atmosphere, temperature, climate, barometric pressure had any noticeable affect on bar oiling. I'm glad you have given the saw to a friend to check over, that's what I suggested.

Question to the OP :
Have you used a torque wrench during the rebuilding/servicing/repairing on these saws?

What all these saws have in common is that they are mostly made
of polymer .They have plenty of "P" and "DG" screws as long as few other that are 't of either kind that they need to be tightened to their exact torque
requirements,otherwise all sorts of cracking ,chipping ,bending and wrapping
can occur at the most unexpected places
( ask me how do I know ... ) .

A torque wrench is a must-have tool when working with those plastic housings,covers ,boxes,
handles and stuff .

Think of it .There are five saws that seem to have the same or similar oiling issue ,which defies physics ( and No it can not be happening due to barometric pressure anomalies of any sort .
Not inside the range which would allow for life to exist ,at least. ) .

It may as well be another reason ,
which all the saws share ,that influences oiling with a chain on .

Just saying...
C5DE22A6-2547-4FCF-B9B2-F253FA275C37.jpeg

Attachments

• RA_143_00_01_03.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
"neighbor" the Tennessee version of canadian "friend"
I have experienced the Stihl bar paint flaking off and getting stuck to the bar plate/bar/case creating a uneven surface that the bar will not properly seal against substantially reducing oil flow into the bar.

Post up a pic of the forester bar you're putting on the saws that dont oil.
I'm guessing it's a multi fit bar with adjuster holes that oil too.
Sometimes the bar oil runs out of the adjuster hole instead of out the top oil hole where it needs to be.
Jam something into the top adjuster hole to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back