50-60cc Saws With Heated Handles and Electric Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmerGrant

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 50-60cc saw with heated handles and electric controlled carb that is available in the USA.

Are the only options Husqvarna 550xpg and 562xpg?

I see that Stihl has the Arctic 261 and 362 on Canada's website, but not USA. Would a Stihl dealer be able to get me one here?

Are any of the Jonsored available with heated handles?

Am I missing anything? Thanks

The MS241, 261, 362, 462, 661 and even the new 500i are all available with heating (VW model according to the present denomination): it's just Stihl policy not sell some or all of these models on a given market.

I don't know about the US market but Husqvarna seems to be winding down the Jonsered brand, which is down to 6-8 models here in Europe.

I don't think you'll find many Canadian dealers willing to ship a saw the other side of the border, but you may find a few Canadians willing to sell you a very lightly used saw. ;)

Well my 550xp standard version sure didn’t need a heated front handle... it got so hot from the engine it wasn’t necessary! I’m not kidding either, stock exhaust and auto tune combined on that thing gets engine temps super high, enough to use the anti vib spring as a heat sink right to the handle and thus to your hand.

@GCJenks204 can help with getting a 261 or 362 headed your way. Exchange rates are pretty favorable right now too.

Other options would be a 550xpg or 562xpg or a Dolmar 5105h. Not sure if a 6100h exists. I do think that Nate at performance outdoor equipment (aka @fordf150) might be able to find a Dolmar 6400 with heated handles. That's a bigger saw though.

By the way, I have two heated handle saws and I wouldn't be without them in the winter months. It's a fantastic feature!

Edited to add: I forgot that you want a computer carb. In that case, forget the dolmars.

Ryan is correct, I can supply CDN Stihl Arctic saw. I have a NIB 461R in the garage right now. I haven’t shipp d to Alaska so would have to confirm shipping amount.

261CM-VW $700USD +/-
362CM-VW $850USD +/-

Saw is registered in your name for personal use, warranty claims may require returning the saw to Canada.

Back