50 and 59cc pro-saw with semi-pro as backup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stihl, husky,sachsdolmar or jonsered which make

Pick one... they're all good. I'm partial to Dolmar and Stihl, but wouldn't pass on a Husky or Jred if the deal was good. :msp_smile:

With a Dolmar you would always have a pro saw... only the PS-34 and PS-45 are not.

Pick one... they're all good. I'm partial to Dolmar and Stihl, but wouldn't pass on a Husky or Jred if the deal was good. :msp_smile:

With a Dolmar you would always have a pro saw... only the PS-34 and PS-45 are not.

The 510, 460 and 420 aren't really either, and lots of older ones....

...and they don't have anything close to a 59 or 60cc saw, that is competeive. :givebeer:

Last edited:
The 510, 460 and 420 aren't really either, and lots of older ones....

...and they don't have anything close to a 59 or 60cc saw, that is competible. :givebeer:

All solid saws with very good performance, built better than anything in Husky's consumer line-up. Spare me the drivel about the whole extra few ounces nonsense. :chatter:

Yes the 6400 is about 3cc more than other 60cc saws and weighs a whole pound more, yet many like them because they work exceptionally well and are very reliable.

Last edited:
All solid saws with very good performance, built better than anything in Husky's consumer line-up. Spare me the drivel about the whole extra few ounces nonsense. :chatter:

Yes the 6400 is about 3cc more than other 60cc saws and weighs a whole pound more, yet many like them because they work exceptionally well and are very reliable.

Bull####! :evilgrin:

Way too many choices with and between the 50 and 59cc saw class. HP wise is negligible also as it all depends upon the beast, one will not notice the difference in a 346ne versus a 359 its all too close, unless you weight the clothing and gear you will be wearing when you are cutting and if you had a morning crap or not. If you want a difference go at least 15cc, it will be something you can feel (3.3hp vs 3,7.......no real difference, 3.7hp to 5.4........22cal to 7.62 big change).

Pro, semi-pro, homeowner, landowner, they are all the same the biggest factor is the operator.
If you think you need 3 saws to do your job, two of your saws are going to collect alot of dust, as one will be in your hands 90% of the time.

Which part?

I've got a 6400 that I use a LOT. Actually kinda hoping to wear it out so I can justify a 7900 top end, but it just keeps going. Wouldn't mind a better oiler, but it's durable.

The weight and bulk of the 6400 fits the 70cc+ class, and not the 60cc class! :smile2:

Last edited:
All the hype over the 560/562,

Why not just get the one that's available in your area.
No need for a 50cc saw if you're going with a 60cc.
Lot's of folks will say a 60cc is just a 'tweener",
For a one saw plan how can ya beat them?
Power close to many 70cc saws weight close to many 50cc saws.

Only time will tell if these are a game changer.

Way too many choices with and between the 50 and 59cc saw class. HP wise is negligible also as it all depends upon the beast, one will not notice the difference in a 346ne versus a 359 its all too close, unless you weight the clothing and gear you will be wearing when you are cutting and if you had a morning crap or not. If you want a difference go at least 15cc, it will be something you can feel (3.3hp vs 3,7.......no real difference, 3.7hp to 5.4........22cal to 7.62 big change).

Pro, semi-pro, homeowner, landowner, they are all the same the biggest factor is the operator.
If you think you need 3 saws to do your job, two of your saws are going to collect alot of dust, as one will be in your hands 90% of the time.

I agree that a 50/70cc combo is probably the better choice, but of course I do not know what the OP's cutting conditions are like. I agree that powerwise there is little to separate the 346 and 359, but weight is another issue--I had a 357xp that I liked a lot; however, I found the 346xp much more nimble and light, especially wielding it around in many of our overgrown fencerows. Eventually I sold the 357xp as it did not really have a purpose once I brought the 346xp on board. I love the 372xp, but I use the 346xp for 75% of my cutting. Which ever saw I am not using is my back-up--I have no need for a third saw. OP--let us know what you decide!

Tim

All the hype over the 560/562,

Why not just get the one that's available in your area.
Power close to many 70cc saws weight close to many 50cc saws.

Only time will tell if these are a game changer.

They are a game changer in some ways, but the 60cc ones won't really replace any of the better 50 or 70cc saws, for the use were they are at their best!
We already know that a smaller 50cc version is on its way, and I won't be surpriced if a larger 70cc one also is somewhere in the not-to-far future......:biggrin:

For a one saw plan a good 50cc or 60cc is ideal depending on what you're cutting. Not everyone wants or needs to have 3 to 10 saws.

I run a 76cc and 56cc as my two saw plan but I really say it depends on the needs of the guy doing the wood cutting. Some need bigger saws and some need smaller saws.

My 2 saw plan is a echo cs-310, 14" bar for yard work and a dolmar 420 16" for fire wood. My reserve saw will be my 35 year old homelite ez, still running but can be a bugger to start.

I would never, well never say never, but probably not ever need anything bigger than those two saws....errr, 3 saws

A 60cc saw is a waste when you have a good 50cc saw. You ought to step up to a 70cc saw instead.

Couldn't agree more. Depending on what you are cutting, a 50CC and 70+ is the way to go. The 60cc saw typically only give another half a HP over a 50CC in stock form and weighs more. A lightly tweaked 50cc will typically run right with it. A 70cc will be able to deliver the torque a 50 couldn't dream about.

FWIW, I'm selling my Husky 359 just because of this.

A 60cc saw is a waste when you have a good 50cc saw. You ought to step up to a 70cc saw instead.

Couldn't agree more. Depending on what you are cutting, a 50CC and 70+ is the way to go. The 60cc saw typically only give another half a HP over a 50CC in stock form and weighs more. A lightly tweaked 50cc will typically run right with it. A 70cc will be able to deliver the torque a 50 couldn't dream about.

FWIW, I'm selling my Husky 359 just because of this.

That depends on where you are, and isn't an universial rule. ;)

Last edited:
Back