50 and 59cc pro-saw with semi-pro as backup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went out and split some big Red Oak rounds tonight with my 8LB maul and I was thinking that a 8Lb maul is like a 70CC saw. Sure you can use something smaller and it will work but if you can wield it you will get more done with the 70cc saw and the 8LB maul. I have lighter mauls and smaller saws but I don't use them nearly as often. Personally I would not own a 60cc saw unless it was a overweight for the power (according to saw troll) Dolmar 6400.

Ancy....I'm hoping to build a log cabin in about two years. I will need to be doing some milling. That 7900 would be the cats meow. Sounds like a great saw. When you get it do a few pics and videos. Good luck on your search.....

Last edited:
I went out and split some big Red Oak rounds tonight with my 8LB maul and I was thinking that a 8Lb maul is like a 70CC saw. Sure you can use something smaller and it will work but if you can wield it you will get more done with the 70cc saw and the 8LB maul. I have lighter mauls and smaller saws but I don't use them nearly as often. Personally I would not own a 60cc saw unless it was a overweight for the power (according to saw troll) Dolmar 6400.

50 and 80cc and a Fiskars, not 70 and 8!

Ancy....I'm hoping to build a log cabin in about two years. I will need to be doing some milling. That 7900 would be the cats meow. Sounds like a great saw. When you get it do a few pics and videos. Good luck on your search.....

What search, it's called back ordered!

Latest posts

Back