Husky pro saws on sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pjohnson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Husky is having a 20 percent off sale on pro saws. Might be enough to make me jump the Stihl ship. I've been kicking around a small limbing saw, any thoughts about the 540xp vs 543xp. I don't think I want to go as big as the 550xp although it sounds like a nice saw.

For limbing I like to use my ms180 or bigger limbs my Dolmar 421.

I've been looking at the 550xp mk2 and the ms261c-m.
Both of my local stihl dealers were out of stock on the ms261's....So when I noticed the 550xp's on sale, that's what I got.
The 550xp was $551.99 vs the out of stock ms261c @ $689.99

The other plus is, the 550xp can use all my bars and chains for my Dolmar 5100s.

For limbing I like to use my ms180 or bigger limbs my Dolmar 421.

I've been looking at the 550xp mk2 and the ms261c-m.
Both of my local stihl dealers were out of stock on the ms261's....So when I noticed the 550xp's on sale, that's what I got.
The 550xp was $551.99 vs the out of stock ms261c @ $689.99

The other plus is, the 550xp can use all my bars and chains for my Dolmar 5100s.
How do you like the 550 every video I've seen it appears to be equal or faster then the 261, hard to beat it for the sale price.

I haven't put the 550xp into wood yet.
The 550xp specs are very similar to my Dolmar 5100s....and I love my 5100s
I have a 572xp, so I am familiar with the AutoTune
Yea, the sale price with $140 off is what made the sale for me.
In December the dealer had a couple ms261's in stock, but the Stihl sale included a carry case, extra chain and free hat......No money off, really didn't move me enough to purchase one. I don't use the carry cases I already have, I have plenty of bars and chains for my ms270 that would fit a ms261 and I have a couple dozen Hats.....Cash off did the trick.

Husky is having a 20 percent off sale on pro saws. Might be enough to make me jump the Stihl ship. I've been kicking around a small limbing saw, any thoughts about the 540xp vs 543xp.........
Are you talking about HLS? If so you didn't look too hard on their site as the 543xp is out of stock and when I emailed about when it will be available, the response was don't know.

Or is Husky in general having a 20% off sale? If you go to the Husqvarna website and wander around like I have recently there is a shop feature to get parts and some of their product. That might get you to jump ship.

I bought the new 540xpl mk3 and started a thread on here perhaps a month ago it should be pretty easy to find. It is probably easier to watch videos on youtube.

Are you talking about HLS? If so you didn't look too hard on their site as the 543xp is out of stock and when I emailed about when it will be available, the response was don't know.

Or is Husky in general having a 20% off sale? If you go to the Husqvarna website and wander around like I have recently there is a shop feature to get parts and some of their product. That might get you to jump ship.

I bought the new 540xpl mk3 and started a thread on here perhaps a month ago it should be pretty easy to find. It is probably easier to watch videos on youtube.
I believe it is a husky sale they list the discounted prices on their website. I called my local dealer and he quoted me the sale price as listed on husky's website.

The 550 xp a very nice saw , quick and nimble, throw some 23RS NK Pro chain in it none faster ,
Agreed. Huskihl finished mine up yesterday, probably run over to his place and pick it up tonight. He posted a video of it, looks pretty stout!!

The 550 xp a very nice saw , quick and nimble, throw some 23RS NK Pro chain in it none faster , HL Supply , View attachment 1155500
The 550 xp a very nice saw , quick and nimble, throw some 23RS NK Pro chain in it none faster , HL Supply , View attachment 1155500
I'll take a look at the 550 but I have a Stihl 362 which is only a half pound heavier. I'm leaning towards something lighter like the 540 or 543. As I get older I look for the lightest saw to do the job.

As I get older I look for the lightest saw to do the job.
As to older, the Echo 361p or the Makita 3601 at 36cc and less power and less noise have much better starter cushioning devices in them than the feeble attempt in the handle for the rope of the 540xp. The mini .325 chain is pretty impressive that the 540xp comes with, most likely as there are two ways to order it.

Most husky dealers right now running a 20% off sale. Through March 16th.

Couple dropped their ads so we knew on FB. Ebels in MI is just one of many.

IMO if looking at a 543. Dont over pay for husky name. Just get the maker of the saw. Zenoah Redmax version lot cheaper shipped from a dealer 349.

r43500.png

Most husky dealers right now running a 20% off sale. Through March 16th.

Couple dropped their ads so we knew on FB. Ebels in MI is just one of many.

IMO if looking at a 543. Dont over pay for husky name. Just get the maker of the saw. Zenoah Redmax version lot cheaper shipped from a dealer 349.

View attachment 1155521
I could save a couple bucks but it sure is nice to have a couple local dealers when i need something.

Any idea if the deal is like the black friday sale they had years ago where the dealer provided 10% out of their cut and Husqvarna provided 10%. Of course this is hear say from the local dealer.

I could save a couple bucks but it sure is nice to have a couple local dealers when i need something.
I felt likewise until I got a phone call your parts are in, then when I show up it is his child and they say dad is out picking up a lawn mower I don't know anything about pre ordered parts come back later.

Or a particular Stihl dealer when it was their kid ( I presume this) I wanted a 3 pound spool of trimmer line which they did not have and the answer was pretty much what we have in stock is what you can choose from. It is like a $50 spool.

Any idea if the deal is like the black friday sale they had years ago where the dealer provided 10% out of their cut and Husqvarna provided 10%. Of course this is hear say from the local dealer.

I felt likewise until I got a phone call your parts are in, then when I show up it is his child and they say dad is out picking up a lawn mower I don't know anything about pre ordered parts come back later.

Or a particular Stihl dealer when it was their kid ( I presume this) I wanted a 3 pound spool of trimmer line which they did not have and the answer was pretty much what we have in stock is what you can choose from. It is like a $50 spool.
I have no idea if dealer kicks in but wouldn't surprise me as he said cash or check only.

I read about a lot of crankshaft seal issues with husky is whats making me afraid of them. I have a 2511 echo which i love, and a 362 stihl. I think the 261 or 550xp are too close to the 362. I wish stihl made a good 40 cc saw.

Latest posts

Back