Husky pro saws on sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His information is outdated and he's extremely biased in his views anything non stihl, and has nothing to back his claims up, I have 3 o.p.e. dealers I pass on my way to work, if one doesn't have something just stop at the next, of they don't have it I call my preferred dealer and get them to ordered it. In the past year and a half I've not waited longer then a few days for any husqvarna parts. I did have to wait over a week for the dog kit for my ms400 to show up, it was actually closer to two weeks. They also can't get bulk rolls of stihl fuel line right now, or any m tronic wiring harnesses. But husqy has the parts problem, sorry I'm not buying it.
I guess everyone has their thing...I find STIHL is pretty easy to work on...

Glad to hear the Husqvarna pipeline is catching up or caught up, regardless of the brand a saw being down and on the bench in pieces sucks.

I heard, and don't know if it's true, STIHL seems to be favoring individual fuel lines over bulk, something about the bend radius and internal springs or something. Maybe someone knows what this is about???

That's pretty good on MS400 dogs, that's not a common part it seems (at least not around here).

I guess everyone has their thing...I find STIHL is pretty easy to work on...

Glad to hear the Husqvarna pipeline is catching up or caught up, regardless of the brand a saw being down and on the bench in pieces sucks.

I heard, and don't know if it's true, STIHL seems to be favoring individual fuel lines over bulk, something about the bend radius and internal springs or something. Maybe someone knows what this is about???

That's pretty good on MS400 dogs, that's not a common part it seems (at least not around here).
I'm not brand specific, I use whatever I find to be a good value and performs well. I do a lot of work for co-workers, friends and family brand doesn't matter. I find it very relaxing and enjoyable to get small engines/equipment running properly again.
It's a shame for the bulk fuel line if thats the case. Probably see if I can get it through echo or some other brand. Use it quite often. Very handy to have around.

I'm not brand specific, I use whatever I find to be a good value and performs well. I do a lot of work for co-workers, friends and family brand doesn't matter. I find it very relaxing and enjoyable to get small engines/equipment running properly again.
It's a shame for the bulk fuel line if thats the case. Probably see if I can get it through echo or some other brand. Use it quite often. Very handy to have around.
I've been using the green colored stuff off ebay. IIRC it's oregon brand.

Parts are incredibly hard to find for Husqvarna these last couple years. Many months of waiting and nothing comes in. I wouldn’t own one personally.
I don’t have any trouble getting Husky parts. I buy most of mine off internet sellers like HL Support. IMHO a big part of the problem now is local dealers - Stihl, Husky, Echo, whatever - don’t want to stock piece parts. Not trying to throw rocks at the dealers, I owned a similar business before I retired and too many piece parts will kill you financially.

I agree the 250 isn't a bad saw, i have one that's 25 plus years old. It hasn't ran good the last few years, some days it does and others it doesn't, im done messing with it. If I was going to replace it I'd go with the 261 but feel it's too close to the 362. I have a 500i for the bigger stuff. I'm wanting something light 9 or 10 pounds easy for limbing and the 15 year old grandson could use.
At 15 he should be big enough to swing the largest/heaviest modern saws. When I was 14 I was using my dad's old 25 or 30 lb Mac. Nice thing about it was that once you set it into a cut, very little muscle was needed. The saw did all the worrk. But bending over moving it from cut to cut built back muscles, for sure.

my observation of my little time on this site is that Stihl has paid trolls here, this site has a higher percentage of Stihl pushers than others
Maybe there are just more Stihl saw out here. I am not a paid troll for sure. I have one stihl I love, one Homelite Super 2, and 3 poulans, one wearing crapsman red. But the Stihl is the "go to" for anything it can handle.

Maybe there are just more Stihl saw out here. I am not a paid troll for sure. I have one stihl I love, one Homelite Super 2, and 3 poulans, one wearing crapsman red. But the Stihl is the "go to" for anything it can handle.
Some people don't want to hear what they don't want to hear. Doesn't matter how many different brands you and I own, why we own them, and what uses they're best suited for.

My STIHL MS400C comes in today, it's getting a 25" STIHL Light bar and STIHL Klassic chain. 😄
(I wish STIHL paid me every time I said STIHL, unfortunately that's not the case. STIHL.)

😄

1709221689798.jpeg

I think there are more Husqvarna owners on forums than STIHL owners. Previously it seemed it was McCulloch, then Jonsered, I could be wrong...

Anyway, the MS400 just came in from another forum member, @Juliana Wolf is dropping off a bar and chains, I'll probably head out of work early to fire it up.

1709223386606.jpeg

I think there are more Husqvarna owners on forums than STIHL owners. Previously it seemed it was McCulloch, then Jonsered, I could be wrong...

Anyway, the MS400 just came in from another forum member, @Juliana Wolf is dropping off a bar and chains, I'll probably head out of work early to fire it up.

View attachment 1157773
Have fun with it, I love mine. Took more tanks then I'd like for it to really perk up, but it does well enough with a 24" b/c on it.

The saw was the 3120xp, their biggest pro saw. The leaf blower was a backpack blower. Both of them thankfully were accepted for return.
If Husqvarna works for you, by all means keep using it. I was just saying that in my experience, I think they are junk.
I have had the same kind of experience with buying Fords. I think they suck. Good thing there are multiple brand choices.

The saw was the 3120xp, their biggest pro saw. The leaf blower was a backpack blower. Both of them thankfully were accepted for return.
If Husqvarna works for you, by all means keep using it. I was just saying that in my experience, I think they are junk.
"Junk" seems excessive. I have a Husqvarna backpack blower, it still runs like new. It has been run on good fuel with STIHL oil--though that shouldn't make a difference. I just had it apart for cleaning/inspection and it's clean, so...

Using this echo oem line just shy of 10 years now.

Had a saw in that guy used ethanol fuel.
Saw has had the lines in for 8 years and still just like when I installed them. I was amazed.

Since I ran efree I just figured mine did that. But seeing the line in his told me they were great for both.

Dont be fooled by the aftermarket line sold as echo either. It's out there too. Get oem.

Attachments

• eline.jpg
    eline.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
Using this echo oem line just shy of 10 years now.

Had a saw in that guy used ethanol fuel.
Saw has had the lines in for 8 years and still just like when I installed them. I was amazed.

Since I ran efree I just figured mine did that. But seeing the line in his told me they were great for both.

Dont be fooled by the aftermarket line sold as echo either. It's out there too. Get oem.
Leaving work at 12:00 today, there's a little echo dealer down in Lancaster I'll swing by after I leave and see what he's got. Thanks for the part numbers. He's not real good with finding stuff he doesn't stock. Real pain.

Latest posts

Back