50 rancher. Can it be converted to 55?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husqvarmit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
howdy folks,.

Looking for some info on a 50 rancher. Want to know if anyone has tried to put a 55 rancher cylinder on on a 50. If you have done this could you tell me what the differences are between the two. Looking at the 50 rancher breakdown alot of parts are the same as 51/55 husky but the cylinder still remains unique to itself. What gives

Thanks for your time

Varmit

For a long time I had a very nice looking 50 Rancher that I wanted to bring back from the dead, shot piston and cylinder, and asked the same question you have, thinking someone would tell me 'Oh yeah, just use one off a ...'. The responses I got weren't what I expected. A couple suggestions of a couple (old) Partner models that might share the same parts, but other than that it seems that the 50 specifically is one out on its own.

I think things like the 55 and 60 (probably a couple other models too) can interchange no problem, but not the 50.

I eventually found another none runner of the same vintage, 1983, on ebay with a good P&C and now have a very fine running saw that I was out cutting with just yesterday.

I'm not saying the above is 100% accurate, but that was my experience.

Dan

I guess the mission begins.

thanks a bunch Dan,

I finally got enough customers looking and asking for this bigger conversion. Does any one know where to get a burnt up 50 rancher for cheep!!! If so please let me know and I will tell you all the differences and what needs to be changed so we will know for sure and this question will no longer be ignored.

Thanks varmit

Latest posts

Back