500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAngelotti1

Red Cows, Orange Saws
Reaction score
Anybody experience fuel sensitivity issues with a Stihl 500i? Have a friend who bought one 3 days ago and ran 3 tanks of his normal Stihl mix flawlessly. Second day started and would not rev! Just bogs when trigger is pressed. Immediately brought it back to the dealer. They told him it was his fuel. They said they put they’re fuel(truffle) in it and ran it flawlessly. He brought it home full of “they’re fuel” and it does the same thing. Any input??

I never drain the fuel out of my stuff. I have never had an issue starting and running a saw. The oil I use has a stabilizer. All I do is shake the saw up first and it fires right up and runs fine. At one point I left An 066 at my dads for maybe 4 years fully fueled. Guess what she ran totally fine when the time came. Yes it was 10% ethanol fuel also.

2 tanks of summer grade 89 Octane sunoco ethanol free 50:1 with stihl hp ultra through mine since I bought it in December with zero issue. Fired it up today and cut a few logs for a fire....

Tell the dealer to do a fuel analysis and tell you which characteristic of the fuel is a problem if that's their crutch. They won't because its ********.

100% true. No reason for me to go through the trouble to post this on here at 1:18am so other people I’ll never meet will think I’ll cool.
I doubt any stabilizer will be able to "stabilize" fuel for 4 years.
Maybe it is possible, but not good practice imo.

My friend blew his 088 that he used to mill with by running it with old fuel that sat in the tank far less than 4 years.

Sooo today started right up and ran through a tank like a bandit. Plan to run a few more this week we will see what happens.

Not buying it.
I doubt any stabilizer will be able to "stabilize" fuel for 4 years.
Maybe it is possible, but not good practice imo.

My friend blew his 088 that he used to mill with by running it with old fuel that sat in the tank far less than 4 years.
[QUOTE="OM617YOTA, post: 7455878, member: 168313

All good boys, dosent bother me if you do or if you don’t.

Latest posts

Back