51 crank case on a 50 chassis

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainewoods

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a 51 Husky with a broken rear handle, and a good 50 Rancher chassis. Can I drop the 51 crankcase onto the 50 chassis without any modifications or issues? Seems to me it would be better than trying to repair the broken handle, which most likely would never look the same after repair attempts. It has 160 psi and runs good- piston looks good. To sell it the handle really needs to be in 1 piece first. Appreciate any and all input.

The numbers all match up, but was wondering if any alterations were needed is all. Looks fairly easy to switch over but have never done a swap like that. Thanks!

Mainewoods. The rear handle is replaceable. You gotta swap the tanks. Or you could find a nice tank and fix them both. I know a guy who has one :D

The rear handle and the gas tank are all one piece. The rear handle is snapped in half. I want to take the crankcase( cylinder- carb and everything else attached) and mount it onto a good gas tank chassis. Sorry for the poor description I gave. :)

So you have one saw that runs good and you robbing the tank from it to fix a saw that also runs good. Doesn't make sense to me but alright. I'd just find another tank.

Yes sir, kinda like that. I have a nice 51 with a broken rear handle. I have a 50 Rancher carcass with a leaking oil tank, but has a good handle and gas tank assembly. I want to mount the 51 crankcase(+engine -clutch and recoil) assembly, onto the 50 tank assembly( good handle).

Yes sir, kinda like that. I have a nice 51 with a broken rear handle. I have a 50 Rancher carcass with a leaking oil tank, but has a good handle and gas tank assembly. I want to mount the 51 crankcase(+engine -clutch and recoil) assembly, onto the 50 tank assembly( good handle).
Well since he wants to get technical you mount the tank to the crankcase not the other way round o_O

Seems lately it doesn't take much to tip me over either. I like to attribute it to 3 ice storms in a row in the last 2 weeks, but it don't help much.:D

i did not mean to get technical. i just did not get what he was saying so i told him a way that i would understand. since were getting technical a chassis is what holds it all together. a fuel tank on a vehicle is not a chassis and neither is the fuel tank on a saw. the frame is the chassis and you often here people call crankcase of a saw the saw's frame. no biggy though. this wasn't meant to pick on anyone at all. you guys are all cool, were all saw nuts, so i can get along with any of you. just getting technical cause i guy wants to say i'm getting technical.

Latest posts

Back