543xp ? 550xp? 545?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the max rpm on a 550xp? And how does rev boost work? Does it Increase max rpm briefly?

What is the max rpm on a 550xp? And how does rev boost work? Does it Increase max rpm briefly?
Max rpm - plenty
Rev boost - it's just a recalibration of the flux capacitor
Increase max rpm - no I don't think so, I believe it's a timing adjustment when the saw is accelerating - but there isn't a definite answer on what it actually does.

The Jonsered PeakPulse or Husqvarna RevBoost is a revelation for those experienced it. It's very contagious, since it will benefit your work with a saw substantially.

It's not all about rpm alone, it's more about response and torque. The technology behind is crank stuffers, ignition curve adaption, and also CarbControl/AutoTune in the latest model generation.

I can get a pretty good deal on a husqvarna 555 , is 3/8 .58 18" bar too much for it to pull? Will it cut much faster than the 550 with that combination?

I can get a pretty good deal on a husqvarna 555 , is 3/8 .58 18" bar too much for it to pull? Will it cut much faster than the 550 with that combination?
Good saw & yes it'll pull a 18 or 20" 3/8" just fine. Likely will cut faster than a 550xp, but only in larger wood.

Good saw & yes it'll pull a 18 or 20" 3/8" just fine. Likely will cut faster than a 550xp, but only in larger wood.
Okay nice to know, I am also looking at dolmar because I have a nearby dolmar dealer, I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread that the dollars have a tendency of scoring pistons but, from what I have read they do just fine if tuned rich and run on 40.1 mix. I can get the dolmar at less than 545 money. It seems to be almost the equivalent of the 550xp but weights about a pound more. Seems like it would have more power than a 545 and 550 power with more weight? Auto tune is nice but a good price is hard to ignore.
I'm just looking at all the options for saws that I have.

Okay nice to know, I am also looking at dolmar because I have a nearby dolmar dealer, I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread that the dollars have a tendency of scoring pistons but, from what I have read they do just fine if tuned rich and run on 40.1 mix. I can get the dolmar at less than 545 money. It seems to be almost the equivalent of the 550xp but weights about a pound more. Seems like it would have more power than a 545 and 550 power with more weight? Auto tune is nice but a good price is hard to ignore.
I'm just looking at all the options for saws that I have.
Dolmar 5101 is a good saw, but it is not only heavier but also larger than the 545/550.

Nate is having a sell to compare some prices.
Performance Outdoor Equipment
performanceoutdoorequipment.com
Dolmar, Echo, Jonsered

Dolmar 6100 Masterminded $650 woods ported

1x Jonsered 2172W PHO $675

2x Dolmar PS-32 $170

6x Dolmar 5105H $400 heated handles

6x Dolmar 6400 $500

6x Dolmar 6400H $560 heated handles

1x Echo CS490 w/18" $300

1x Echo CS310 $170

555 is a great saw. Can pull a 24"if needed occasionally. 550 would be a 20" max

Those are good prices, and very hard to ignore:dizzy: But I have decided I would really like a warrantee of a new saw as a safety measure, probably won't need it but it is there.
555 is a great saw. Can pull a 24"if needed occasionally. 550 would be a 20" max
Yeah I wouldn't put more than an 18" on a 50cc, I'd like whatever saw I'm getting to pull an 18" buried in oak or the hard maple we have around here. Not a lot of softwood around here.

I know saw troll is not going to like this lol but a echo cs500p seems like a nice saw for the $, magnesium crankcase, ect. Seems pretty light too.

10.6 on a 500p according to specs. (sheet) Im not sure but I think you could buy a 590 timber wolf for less than a 500p. Somewhere in the low $4 range.

Back