543xp Discontinuation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumBurner

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I know this wasn't the most popular model for most, but these saws fill a sweet spot, especially for having a regular carb.

They are being discontinued. I don't know the exact date, or if it's already ceased production.

For anyone in the know, are there any replacements in the works? Or is that class of saw giving way to the battery saws?

I love my 540i, most of the time, but even a 543 can power through a cut where the 540i will falter and stop.

For anyone attached to the 543, stock up now. I wouldn't be surprised to see the parts become less available than the popular 3-series because of the lack of sales on the 543.

I know this wasn't the most popular model for most, but these saws fill a sweet spot, especially for having a regular carb.

They are being discontinued. I don't know the exact date, or if it's already ceased production.

For anyone in the know, are there any replacements in the works? Or is that class of saw giving way to the battery saws?

I love my 540i, most of the time, but even a 543 can power through a cut where the 540i will falter and stop.

For anyone attached to the 543, stock up now. I wouldn't be surprised to see the parts become less available than the popular 3-series because of the lack of sales on the 543.

They might have been more popular if they didn't price them at nearly the same price as the 545.

I wonder if it's just being removed from the Husqvarna lineup and will continue through redmax? That explains why clones of it are being sold now.

I wonder if it's just being removed from the Husqvarna lineup and will continue through redmax? That explains why clones of it are being sold now.

Chainsaws are no longer listed on the redmax website. Already some popping up on eBay and other places for 350-400$ from dealers trying to offload them. gz4350 that is.

I don’t have a lot of time on my 543XP, but I have been Happy with it.

If I could get one NIB from a dealer for $350, I would probably pick up another for that price

IMG_2473.jpeg
Oh yeah, running this Rabid Beaver 🦫 on Steroids can be fun, especially when dawged in, but it just ain’t practical or even enjoyable for many needs

IMG_2480.jpeg
Very often this is an Excellent choice

Other times it might be a 372XP, a 390XP, 395XP that is the right tool for the job. And sometimes the 543XP is the Goldilocks saw, that is just right 😉

That’s one of the nice things about CAD, having the right tools for the job 😁

Doug 😎

They been clearance them off at the tractor stores etc for $300 for awhile now. Still not enough to make me want one of those though.

My little echo weighs close to same weight for 50cc.

View attachment 1077319
View attachment 1077320

If by “Tractor Stores” you are referring to Tractor Supply Company stores, I will be passing at least one on my way to my work assignment this afternoon. If they are closing them out for $300, I will stop and pick up at least one, if they have any left

Doug 😎

If by “Tractor Stores” you are referring to Tractor Supply Company stores, I will be passing at least one on my way to my work assignment this afternoon. If they are closing them out for $300, I will stop and pick up at least one, if they have any left

Doug 😎
GL you never know.

FFH Family Farm Home is like a TSC. They are across the road from each other here on both sides of me in towns. They are like a TSC but 4 times as big and like on steroids with their selection of stuff.

One friend picked up.

h543ww.jpg

FFH sounds like a Great store to have nearby, unfortunately, we don’t have any FFH nearby 😢

I also envy those that have a Menard’s nearby, the closest Menard’s to us is either Casper, or Cheyenne, WY😢😢😢, they are the third largest Home Improvement Chain behind Home Depot and Lowe’s, with 355 stores last I heard, but they just haven’t made it Waaaaay out West yet

Last year we had our whole house standby generator installed, and we needed a couple of 120 gallon propane tanks, the prices had Doubled on them, if you could even find them in the Portland area.

Going online, I found them at Menard’s, still at the old price, so we ordered eight of them, that was in February, and it wasn’t until the last week of June that they actually arrived in Cheyenne.

IMG_7254.jpeg
IMG_7261.jpeg
We made a roadtrip to Cheyenne to pick them up.

IMG_3143.jpeg
IMG_3145.jpeg
IMG_3131.jpeg
We spent three days in Moab, UT on the way, spent one day doing some light wheeling in Arches National Park

Using Hotel points I earn at work, the lodging for all eight nights didn’t cost us anything, the price of fuel had gone up significantly since we ordered the tanks in February. By buying eight we were able to sell five of them and break even on the cost of the tanks and fuel, we weren’t able to sell them as much below local retail as we expected, but we did offer free delivery within a reasonable distance. Those that had priced them locally didn’t even try to talk us down any, so it worked out well for all, we got our tanks for taking a vacation roadtrip, and our customers saved some money

We ended up keeping three tanks instead of two, at half load, our generator burns about 2 gallons/hour, so that third tank pushes our run time from 4 days to 6. I often work away from home a week at a time, and my wife is still dependent on an oxygen concentrator, so I feel better that the generator fuel supply should last until I can get home, in the event of an extended power outage, which in the last three years we have been without electricity for a week or more twice now.
In the event that we aren’t able to get a propane delivery when needed, I also have 2 100#/25 gallon tanks that I can transport to get fueled if needed, and those would cover about another day of run time

Doug 😎

It's a interesting saw... hate to see it go but on a few levels I can understand why it would be cut.

I was looking for a 40'ish CC class a while back, and was seriously considering a 543xp. However in my voyage of discovery over & over again I came across comments that "if you're going to pay for a 543, may as well just get a 550.. it's a far more capable saw." And for that matter the 545 is a serious contender as well. So that was significant food for thought and really made me reconsider the solution to my question.

Cost/Price-point against similar models feels like the biggest nail in the coffin for the 543xp.

It's a interesting saw... hate to see it go but on a few levels I can understand why it would be cut.

I was looking for a 40'ish CC class a while back, and was seriously considering a 543xp. However in my voyage of discovery over & over again I came across comments that "if you're going to pay for a 543, may as well just get a 550.. it's a far more capable saw." And for that matter the 545 is a serious contender as well. So that was significant food for thought and really made me reconsider the solution to my question.

Cost/Price-point against similar models feels like the biggest nail in the coffin for the 543xp.

They went away from the redmax price point because they were competing against echo when they got bought out, the Husqvarna 440 is going for almost the price of the echo 590, the gz4500 was selling for around 300 when they were discontinued. My in opinion the 543xp should have replaced the 440-450 and been sold as a homeowner saw instead being an afterthought in the pro saw lineup.

Only ported a couple of these things but they hold their own. Couple guys were playing around with an XS 241 and XS 543 at a gtg this weekend and the 543 slightly edged out the 241 every time. We were quite surprised

If I end up getting some and have the funds, I'd love to have one of them ported by you.

After dumping just under 3k into my truck the last two weeks, that's looking further away.

Latest posts

Back