Fuel line disconnect 543XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LabJonsered

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
There’s about 3 or 4 hours at most on this Husqvarna 543XP. First time out this season, stopped working and leaking gas everywhere. I discovered that the fuel line at the primer was disconnected. I reattached it and it works fine again. Is this a common issue on new saws? Or on the 543? Anyone else hear of this?

Might have been barely seated from factory assembly on a Monday? Blarg Rah rah husqvarna quality would never happen with an orange creamsicle saw… :lol:

I’d probably give the thing a thorough lookover and go back to the woods.

I don't remember which saw, but one I bought in the last few years, new, came similarly.

Ran it a couple tanks, took out the air filter to clean it, and noticed the line was barely hanging on the purge bulb nipple.

I don't remember which saw, but one I bought in the last few years, new, came similarly.

Ran it a couple tanks, took out the air filter to clean it, and noticed the line was barely hanging on the purge bulb nipple.
So did it become a recurring issue? Or put it back on properly and never had an issue after?

There’s about 3 or 4 hours at most on this Husqvarna 543XP. First time out this season, stopped working and leaking gas everywhere. I discovered that the fuel line at the primer was disconnected. I reattached it and it works fine again. Is this a common issue on new saws? Or on the 543? Anyone else hear of this?
I've purchased 2 543xp saws this year and both from separate dealers. Both had the fuel line disconnect from the fuel filter jacking up the carburetor. I put a little ring clamp on the fuel line of one of them (neither had a clamp) and the fuel line just ripped below where it is connected to the fuel filter. This is after very limited use. Couple hrs max on both. After they sucked the gas without a filter. Neither will run and can't get to stay running. Good balanced saw, light weight and smooth to operate. Using to buck limbs.. Frustrating this has happened dealer doesn't want to stand behind it😠

Latest posts

Back