550 XP has arrived

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half a pound would put it at 11lb 10-11oz.

Did you mean 10lb 10-11oz?

You weighed the OE and NE 346's. Wasnt it in the 11lb 4oz range?

The 550 is listed at 10.8 which means nothing on paper since the OE 346 was listed at 10.6 and it weighed more.

Guys in UK do say they feel lighter though.

Did you mean 10lb 10-11oz?

You weighed the OE and NE 346's. Wasnt it in the 11lb 4oz range?

The 550 is listed at 10.8 which means nothing on paper since the OE 346 was listed at 10.6 and it weighed more.

Guys in UK do say they feel lighter though.

I assume he did, but I'd be very surpriced if that actually happens......

I said it once and i will say it again. Iam going to stay away from the new technology till its proven. I will wait till my 346s are wore out. and by that time the 550 may be proven.

Im not really scared of the new technology. Autotune has been around for awhile now, and the 550 has been out on the other side of the pond for about 5 months. Sometimes new technology isn't better though...:msp_wink:

.2 lbs lighter according to specs, not halv a pound.....:msp_wink:

Yup not quite .5 closer to .3 though. Nice snappy saw with good torque. Suprised to see the 3 shoe clutch like the 555,562. They probably could have lightened it up some more.

Yup not quite .5 closer to .3 though. Nice snappy saw with good torque. Suprised to see the 3 shoe clutch like the 555,562. They probably could have lightened it up some more.

Probably, but more reciprocating mass= more torque.

Does it have more torque over a 346xpne?

Come on man, we need a video!!!! :msp_sneaky:

Last edited:
Where are the photos? I mean, i know parts of maine are culinary wastelands but...:laugh::laugh: he said grub, so i think that sets the bar low

Back