550 XP has arrived

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup not quite .5 closer to .3 though. Nice snappy saw with good torque. Suprised to see the 3 shoe clutch like the 555,562. They probably could have lightened it up some more.

Well, 4oz and .05hp doesn't exactly light me up. I'm sure there are improvements: more torque is always good (never thought the 346 lacked it for a 50cc saw): maybe Autotune is a great feature (not a big deal either way): smoother (than what?). But I'm not ready to reduce the buldge in my wallet by $500-600 dollars to find out.

Well, 4oz and .05hp doesn't exactly light me up. I'm sure there are improvements: more torque is always good (never thought the 346 lacked it for a 50cc saw): maybe Autotune is a great feature (not a big deal either way): smoother (than what?). But I'm not ready to reduce the buldge in my wallet by $500-600 dollars to find out.

You're right on there. The 346 is a winner and has proven itself. The 550 is a nice running saw and is a little smoother but not nearly as big a difference as the 357 vs 562. Once they have the whole lineup of new saws including the bigger ones they'll be tough to beat and they'll look great on the shelves too especially with the different colors.:rock:

Husky really needs to do something about the silver paint on the cc's. Why don't they powder coat so it stays looking new instead of looking 20 years old after a week?

XP means xtra performance not xtra pretty!

Cutting cost will always be a concern in business.

The 545 doesn't have the silver paint on it. Its also autotune and the same CC as the 550xp :D. Best I can tell, The 545 doesn't have rev boost and it may operate at a little lower RPM, not 100% positive on the lower RPMs though.

The 545 doesn't have the silver paint on it. Its also autotune and the same CC as the 550xp :D. Best I can tell, The 545 doesn't have rev boost and it may operate at a little lower RPM, not 100% positive on the lower RPMs though.

What about transfer covers? Does 550 545 have them and if so wonder if different sizes like 555 562 are?

I said it once and i will say it again. Iam going to stay away from the new technology till its proven. I will wait till my 346s are wore out. and by that time the 550 may be proven.

By that time the 550 will likely already be replace by the next new model. :msp_biggrin:

I've watched the 550 346 comparison videos etc in the 550xp thread elsewhere and looked at the still pics. I just never paid attention to all of the stuff till I was wondering about, autotune and transfer covers etc.

CIMG7333.jpg

CIMG7331.jpg

CIMG7342.jpg

Last edited:
Back