550xp and 562 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How is your 550 or 562 working out? Any problems so far and how many tanks have you ran through them roughly?

Had them both for a while now . Had a hot restart problem with both of them . After reading the owners manual , and following the instructions ,amazingly it went away .:hmm3grin2orange:
Great saws !

Well cant tell you how many tanks, but i will tell you its paid for its self 10 times over.

Well I had a 550 and ran less than a half a tank through it before letting it go for what I would call a very good deal. I was just thinking of getting another but looking for input on both models from guys with plenty of time on them before I do.

I've had my 2nd 562 about 3 months now sure how many tanks through it but its not shiny anymore and my silver paint wore off but it still runs like a champ.

I've had my 2nd 550 for about a week got 2 tanks through it zero problems it's a screamer!

I've had my 562XP since January 2012 and have put about 35 tanks through it with no issues. Saw just keeps getting stronger and is my go to saw or favorite to run regularly.

My Brother in law just called me today and tod me his 562xp is Revving Ike crazy as soon as it starts?!?

I bought it from my dealer (he paid me) and its his only saw (has a 025, but wont start and he wont bringnit to me, to look at). He has ran Numerous tanks (read:50-75 tanks easy) in the last year.

He is coming out next weekend and we are gonna look at it. I hope it's nothing serious. But because its his only running saw, he runs its every weekend extensively. That saw is the reason I have been looking at the 550xp long and hard :) But I have a trade for an 036 for a Masterminded 5100 Dolmar.

Have read very few problems with these 2 saws (562-550). And the few times I ran his 562, it was an absolute pleasure.

Have run about 400 tanks through my 550, never had a problem yet. Best saw I have ever owned.

I've purchased two of the 562's both had crank bearing failure. They were replace under warranty so I was happy about that. We run them 5 days a week logging, so they rack up the hours. The ones
I bought were 2011 models and I had the new crankcase bolts installed. The Husqvarna tech said he seen a lot of bottom end failures with them. I don't think I would hesitate to buy another, hopefully they have the bottom end issues worked out.

Well I had a 550 and ran less than a half a tank through it before letting it go for what I would call a very good deal. I was just thinking of getting another but looking for input on both models from guys with plenty of time on them before I do.

I tested a new out of box 545 and your ole 550xp and NE 346.

All stock. New right out of box 1st tank 545 is equal to the (NE 346 broke in) in the cut and 545 is better handling and weight then 346. 550xp is all that plus even better in cut and was only on 2nd tank at the time compared to a broke in NE346.

I only ran 1 562 and it was a dealers demo. Something wasnt right with it IMO. :confused:

I've purchased two of the 562's both had crank bearing failure. They were replace under warranty so I was happy about that. We run them 5 days a week logging, so they rack up the hours. The ones
I bought were 2011 models and I had the new crankcase bolts installed. The Husqvarna tech said he seen a lot of bottom end failures with them. I don't think I would hesitate to buy another, hopefully they have the bottom end issues worked out.

So its true. I've been looking for this kind of info. Loggers here are very disappointed with the new husky line (550 and 560), heard a few comments now that they only lasted about 3 months of pro every day use. Which makes them a fancy pro saw for hobby users i guess. :msp_scared:

I own a full service company that works monday threw friday and have had no problems out of mine but its also 2013 model. I cant see anyone using one harder as i do mostly takedowns. Unless they are just not paying for there saws and miss handling them.

I've had my 562 for about 2.5 months and have ran between 3 & 5 gallons through it. Once I got the starting procedures down, no problems. I use it about 3 days a week for felling bucking and limbing. Mostly loblolly pines, sweet gums, various oaks and occasional pecan trees.

No problems as of yet.

It really is a lot of fun with a 20" b&c, even more fun with a 16". It has the grunt (and oiler capacity) to pull skip chain on a 28" bar but really shines with a 20". Now I just can't wait to MM it :cheers:

So its true. I've been looking for this kind of info. Loggers here are very disappointed with the new husky line (550 and 560), heard a few comments now that they only lasted about 3 months of pro every day use. Which makes them a fancy pro saw for hobby users i guess. :msp_scared:

Yeah, I am not real impressed, but being the saws were replace under warranty not a big deal... The 2172(372 x torq) that I had also had the bottom end go out on it. There is a logger here who has had 4 of the 372 x torqs fail on him. He is currently running one provided by Husqvarna that they will analyze. All I expect to get out of a saw in a pro environment is a year. Both of the 562's didn't make it that far.
I have great Husqvarna dealers so I will continue to run them, i'm sure they will get things worked out if they haven't yet. For the time being I rebuilt some old school 372's for back ups.

Latest posts

Back