550xp first tank video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never owned a 346XP, but from handling it in the shop the other day it won't flick from side to side as easily as the 550XP, IMHO.

I hope you are right, but did they have the same bar on them, and the same amount of fluids ? :D

I hear snedding with the 550 is top notch over the 346. From the guys that has been using them for a living for awhile now.

I can't really see there are much to improve upon the 346 for that, as it has an exellent trigger response even without the revboost - but I guess anything can be improved upon.....:msp_smile:

WOW!!!

This little bugger looks great!!! I am glad to see it pulls the 3/8 well. :msp_thumbsup:

I only wish I had a local dealer capable of supporting the Autotune, let alone knowing what it was.:msp_mad:

I wonder if ST gets a twinge in his chest every time the "better handling than the 346" comments come up?:laugh:

(All in fun ST;))

How long before you give it a serious mod? I'm curious how these do vs a modded 346xp ne.

It well get MMd immediately. I don't care what a saw runs like choked down by the EPA. I hope to put a few tanks through it on vacation, then compare it to Andre's "stock" 346 when I get home. I'll then put her right to the knife....errrrr grinder.

It well get MMd immediately. I don't care what a saw runs like choked down by the EPA. I hope to put a few tanks through it on vacation, then compare it to Andre's "stock" 346 when I get home. I'll then put her right to the knife....errrrr grinder.
Fantastic, can't wait to see it! I'm sure it will give me CAD...

If you suddenly come down with an illness forcing you to stay home, we could do side by side 550 porting threads :blob2: Just saying

Anyone fooled with the air filter on the 550xp? Im not really impressed with it honestly. Its yellow with the white screen/mesh. It probably does filter enough, but Im seeing a little dust in the carb throat. My 346 came with the same type filter and it let through some dust too. Looking at the IPL, they offer 3 filters, Yellow with nylon um44 which came on it. Black with nylon um80 which i guess is the winter filter? Then it shows a white/felt filter which i guess is the flocked filter? The pn is 522 67 54 03 for the felt filter.

Latest posts

Back