550xp stalls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem has been identified and fix is on it's way. I will have my saw fixed once the new updated part arrives. This should solve most problems with hesitation and stalling off idle. Looking forward to getting a good working, high performance saw and a end to a long story.
What was the problem?

I was told the saws require a stiffer diaphragm (carb). The current one is causing the saws to load up with too much fuel during idle.

I expect ( and I am not a saw expert )once the saw gets up to working tempature it causes the diaphragm to soften and pump more fuel than is required at idle. Hence it worked good when cold. I do know My saw will be receiving an updated stiffer diaphragm, the fix to my hesitation issue.

I still can't understand why some saws work fine and the two I got had problems, even after the carberators where replaced. Perhaps it is me, and my cutting style, I tend to not cut as much air as others I see and hear cutting.

I was told the saws require a stiffer diaphragm (carb). The current one is causing the saws to load up with too much fuel during idle.

I expect ( and I am not a saw expert )once the saw gets up to working tempature it causes the diaphragm to soften and pump more fuel than is required at idle. Hence it worked good when cold. I do know My saw will be receiving an updated stiffer diaphragm, the fix to my hesitation issue.

I still can't understand why some saws work fine and the two I got had problems, even after the carberators where replaced. Perhaps it is me, and my cutting style, I tend to not cut as much air as others I see and hear cutting.

I just rebuilt a 550xp just by putting in a new p/c and some cleaning. The piston was scorched!. I was going with a bad gas issue or straight. Had it running each day this week just to get non ethanol fuel through it and clean it out some. From the get go it’s had that dodgy start on the throttle. And today after really warm, it acted like described above and WOT will stall it. It’s a 2015.
I’m going to pull the carb and get a new diaphragm now. You would know the carb and replace the part number would you? I know it’s an older thread. I seem to have that same problem.

Back