555/ 562 muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funky sawman

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Does any saw builders on this site sale low restriction modifyed spark arrestor mufflers for the 555 and 562.
Reason I ask is I dont have the time to send out my muffler when I get my new 562, as it will be my only saw for a while to put food on the table.

If you have a die grinder you can open your outlet without welding and still using the screen. You have to go through the inlet and out let to do it but it can be done. I used 1/4" carbide bits.

Actually not my computer, somewhat homeless living with my wifes parents, yea I took some wrong turns last year, but thats how we learn Right?

It worked for me. You can do a muffler mod with a drill. Just open the outlet and richen the carb.

Like I said, I dont have any tools, except a bar wrench and some files. I have no shop to work in, and I dont feel like messing with a saw when the temp is 5 degrees outside. Thats why I asked the question in my first post.

Like I said, I dont have any tools, except a bar wrench and some files. I have no shop to work in, and I dont feel like messing with a saw when the temp is 5 degrees outside. Thats why I asked the question in my first post.

I was just trying to help you save some money.

I get kinda touchy when I have to bring up what happened last year, and why Im in the position Im in now, yes I know I screw up. Im not perfect and life is about learning and moving foward. Thanks for trying to help Majorpayne.

I get kinda touchy when I have to bring up what happened last year, and why Im in the position Im in now, yes I know I screw up. Im not perfect and life is about learning and moving foward. Thanks for trying to help Majorpayne.

We have all been in your shoes at one time or another....this is a good place to get the right advice and/or some help. I just got my only saw, and I'm flat broke! I wanted to send my muffler to Tzed (John) to have him mod it, but I decided to do it myself and save the $$. There's gotta be someone you can borrow a drill and some bits from....after doing the mod on my 550XP (and I'm a complete noob) I'm sure just about anyone can do it in about ten-fiften minutes.

BTW, NICE saw!!! I would love to get a 562, but the money just isn't there. I'll probably be sending my 550 to John as soon as I can scrape the money up. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Another thing: I hear a lot of talk about saws "putting a smile" on people's faces. This has actually been happening to me now that my MM 550XP has 13-14 tanks through it. I'm now cutting next year's wood, the big cherry rounds are nice and clean, they're straight too, unlike the crap I've been cutting until now. With the ever more powerful saw, noodling these rounds has been sheer pleasure. My wife stands at the kitchen window shaking her head and rolling her eyes watching me cut til after dark with a big smile on my face, until the saw runs out of gas, catching me by surprise!!:msp_sneaky:

Why not run it stock through the warranty period? One guy here local to me bought a new 562, modified his muffler, and then ran into problems with the muffler. The dealership wouldn't fix it since he modified it, and now he's out $80 for a new muffler.

Why not run it stock through the warranty period? One guy here local to me bought a new 562, modified his muffler, and then ran into problems with the muffler. The dealership wouldn't fix it since he modified it, and now he's out $80 for a new muffler.

Thats another reason I want to buy an already modded muffler. Then I have a stock muffler too when I need it.

Do you still own a gun? Stick the barrel in the outlet and fire off a round, instant muffler mod.

As Jacob said...........why not run it stock...............you must be kidding that the second in the cut your going to gain in the bush is going to make a big difference.

If your on hard times why the new saw, you can get one hell of a used 372 for alot less than the cost of a new 562.

Thats another reason I want to buy an already modded muffler. Then I have a stock muffler too when I need it.

Well, the 555 and 562 are new models, and there hasn't been time enough yet for a large circulation of good used parts to develop and aftermarket parts makers need time as well to design and manufacture their products. So at this point it's unlikely that our builders are going to have an inventory of readily modified mufflers for these models.

Well, the 555 and 562 are new models, and there hasn't been time enough yet for a large circulation of good used parts to develop and aftermarket parts makers need time as well to design and manufacture their products. So at this point it's unlikely that our builders are going to have an inventory of readily modified mufflers for these models.

I know that Tzed (John) had 550XP muffler availability, so I assume he (and other AS builders) can also get 'em for 562XPs......

I know that Tzed (John) had 550XP muffler availability, so I assume he (and other AS builders) can also get 'em for 562XPs......

Well sure, anyone can do to the dealer and buy a new muffler including the OP. What I'm saying is, our in-house builders aren't necessarily going to have a supply of already modified mufflers on hand. It's unrealistic to expect that when it's a new model of saw.

Latest posts

Back