555/ 562 muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prolly worth pointing out that Funky's no stranger to the 562. In fact it was his old one that made me see the light on the new auto-tune saws. His question is legit: how to mod that particular muffler with minimal tools. You can't just hog out the outlet with a rat-tail file. I'm curious now too, since that'l probably be the next (newish) saw I buy.

Howdy:

Try PM'ing a saw builder here on the site, maybe they can fix you up - free?

Prolly worth pointing out that Funky's no stranger to the 562. In fact it was his old one that made me see the light on the new auto-tune saws. His question is legit: how to mod that particular muffler with minimal tools. You can't just hog out the outlet with a rat-tail file. I'm curious now too, since that'l probably be the next (newish) saw I buy.

It's a trickier muffler to get at than your typical saw muffler because of the angle the cylinder sits at and the baffling it has inside. I looked at the one the local guy butchered and he opened up the entire bottom of the muffler, where the lower mounts are, and it came apart due to the heat and vibration.

It's a trickier muffler to get at than your typical saw muffler because of the angle the cylinder sits at and the baffling it has inside. I looked at the one the local guy butchered and he opened up the entire bottom of the muffler, where the lower mounts are, and it came apart due to the heat and vibration.

Wow !!!!!!!!!! Just a little planing would have been helpful.

Well, the 555 and 562 are new models, and there hasn't been time enough yet for a large circulation of good used parts to develop and aftermarket parts makers need time as well to design and manufacture their products. So at this point it's unlikely that our builders are going to have an inventory of readily modified mufflers for these models.

I'm afraid that is how it is.

The thing to do may be starting to cut with a stock muffler, and have someone mod another muffler as soon as possible....

PM stumpyscustoms or mastermind they might be able to help you out!!!!! Or if he is still on here Scott Wojo

Got the flu today, so Im not at work:msp_sad: As for the 562, a modded muffler made ALOT of difference compared to muffler mods on 372's and 390's. That one I had lat year with a 28 inch bar pulled with a stock 372 in 24" fir. But it would only do that with the muffler opened up. Before muffler mod it felt like a modded 357xp.
Thank you guys for getten this thread on track, GREAT WORK:clap:

Last edited:
Back