555 fuel line ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgrizz

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ok here is my problem. The 555 i bought new in feb/2011 has had a stumble off of idle and or stalls wheni give it full throttle to do my next cut. This only does this if the saw has idled for 30 seconds or more . I have taken it back to the dealer 2 times and they say they cant get it to do it .
The third time they finally got the computer to hook it up to and found nothing wrong . I noticed the fuel line coming out of the tank going to the carb has a sharp bend to it ( almost kinked shut ) could the saw be calling for more fuel at idle and loading up until i give it gas and stumble? I do have the new updated fuel line that was in the service bulletin but havn't put it in yet. the saw runs great at full throttle . I am fed up with the dealer i got it from at this point. I run sunoco 98 ethonal free with stihl ultra at 50:1 and hve tried other types of fuel also. Thanks for putting up with my long post.

I bet if you change out the fuel line, all will be good. :msp_smile:

Might also make more power with lower octane gas.

There is a SB on the fuel line. It should be replaced free of charge regardless if its the cause.

I told them to check the fuel line on the saw and i seen him write it on the sheet but he didnt say anything about it when i talked to him on the phone . They said they sharpened the chain and changed the sparkplug ( dont know why they did it cause i just asked them to hook it up to the computer to test it.) And they want to charge me $49.00 for looking at it . I said i shouldnt have to pay for a chain to be sharpened and a plug plus it should be under warranty for a running issue from the begining. The fuel hose cost me $3.00 so when i go to pick it up tomorrow i am going to argue about the chain and plug work. I also said they had a new version on the hose also but i guess he didnt care. Thanks sunfish and mweba. :msp_thumbsup:

I told them to check the fuel line on the saw and i seen him write it on the sheet but he didnt say anything about it when i talked to him on the phone . They said they sharpened the chain and changed the sparkplug ( dont know why they did it cause i just asked them to hook it up to the computer to test it.) And they want to charge me $49.00 for looking at it . I said i shouldnt have to pay for a chain to be sharpened and a plug plus it should be under warranty for a running issue from the begining. The fuel hose cost me $3.00 so when i go to pick it up tomorrow i am going to argue about the chain and plug work. I also said they had a new version on the hose also but i guess he didnt care. Thanks sunfish and mweba. :msp_thumbsup:

Did you ask them to sharpen the chain?

Would want to know why you are getting charged for a saw under warranty. Especially if the symptoms remain.

Did you ask them to sharpen the chain?

Would want to know why you are getting charged for a saw under warranty. Especially if the symptoms remain.

Nope . I was wanted them to hook it up to the computer to see if they could find out what is wrong . They just got the equipment last week . I will ask why im being charged for this also.

Irregardless of brand your dealer is a loser, he should have installed the new line, I'd sharpened your chain free for you inconvience, we do the warratny work on any service bulletin/recall, you have a good saw find you a good dealer and don't darken their door anymore. Service is just as important if not more important after the sale than the brand you buy to a huge degree.

Irregardless of brand your dealer is a loser, he should have installed the new line, I'd sharpened your chain free for you inconvience, we do the warratny work on any service bulletin/recall, you have a good saw find you a good dealer and don't darken their door anymore. Service is just as important if not more important after the sale than the brand you buy to a huge degree.

Yes he is a loser. I have a guy that sells stihl and husky i can trust to work on my stuff but he is retiring at the end of the year and wasnt getting involved with the auto tune system. The other dealer is stihl only and have great customer service from them.
I am at the point to ask dealers on here if they would look at it for me. It is worth it to pay the shipping to someone to and from them to get this fixed . I have the new fuel updated fuel hose cost me $3.00 so i will put it on and see if this fixes it. thanks indiansprings , i wish i had dealers like you around me that care about the customer.

I put the new fuel line in today and still has the hesitation in it off of idle. The idle gets alittle lower when it sits for a bit and thats when it stumbles when i give it gas.
When i pick the saw up or turned it on its side it sounded like it wanted to stall . I am going to use 89 or 91 octane in it tomorrow as nmurph said plus put a new stihl fuel filter in it to see if that makes a differance.:(
I told the dealer i wasnt paying for the chain to be sharpened or the sparkplug . I didnt pay the$49.00 service charged either cause it is under warranty and i did not get a print out of them testing my saw on the computer so i cant be sure they even hooked it up. I am going to look for a service center close by but i may be taking a longer ride. :bang:

Ok here is my problem. The 555 i bought new in feb/2011 has had a stumble off of idle and or stalls wheni give it full throttle to do my next cut. This only does this if the saw has idled for 30 seconds or more . I have taken it back to the dealer 2 times and they say they cant get it to do it .
The third time they finally got the computer to hook it up to and found nothing wrong . I noticed the fuel line coming out of the tank going to the carb has a sharp bend to it ( almost kinked shut ) could the saw be calling for more fuel at idle and loading up until i give it gas and stumble? I do have the new updated fuel line that was in the service bulletin but havn't put it in yet. the saw runs great at full throttle . I am fed up with the dealer i got it from at this point. I run sunoco 98 ethonal free with stihl ultra at 50:1 and hve tried other types of fuel also. Thanks for putting up with my long post.

I fail to understand why you are asking here, before you have changed out that fuel line? A kinked fuel line will obviously be an issue, regardless of saw model.

:msp_confused:

How many tanks of fuel do you have through the saw and what is your normal run cycle like?

Many "issues" with the AT saws are just a pure lack of run time, doing what they should be doing, cutting wood.

The Triple Nickel is the cats ass.

How many tanks of fuel do you have through the saw and what is your normal run cycle like?

Many "issues" with the AT saws are just a pure lack of run time, doing what they should be doing, cutting wood.

That saw may be one of the most under exposed on the market.

I have 4 tanks of fuel thru it so far. So do you think i need to put more tanks thru it to cure this?
My run cycle may be 30 minutes and then i may not even use it for the rest of the day. I also might not use it for a week or two after that. Saw troll i put the new line in yesterday and it still has the same issue . I thought i was going to get lucky with the new line on it but i was wrong. I dont use the saw for every day use or for hours on end but i dont cut wood for a living . I may need to put more time on the saw but i am trying to fix this issue and you guys are more helpful then the dealer i got it from.

I fail to understand why you are asking here, before you have changed out that fuel line? A kinked fuel line will obviously be an issue, regardless of saw model.

:msp_confused:

I did put the new updated fuel line in and still has the hesitation. I posted this last night at7:39pm

I have 4 tanks of fuel thru it so far. So do you think i need to put more tanks thru it to cure this?
My run cycle may be 30 minutes and then i may not even use it for the rest of the day. I also might not use it for a week or two after that. Saw troll i put the new line in yesterday and it still has the same issue . I thought i was going to get lucky with the new line on it but i was wrong. I dont use the saw for every day use or for hours on end but i dont cut wood for a living . I may need to put more time on the saw but i am trying to fix this issue and you guys are more helpful then the dealer i got it from.

These auto tune saws can act funky at first. More time on the saw will likely straighten it out.

Yes he is a loser. I have a guy that sells stihl and husky i can trust to work on my stuff but he is retiring at the end of the year and wasnt getting involved with the auto tune system. The other dealer is stihl only and have great customer service from them.
I am at the point to ask dealers on here if they would look at it for me. It is worth it to pay the shipping to someone to and from them to get this fixed . I have the new fuel updated fuel hose cost me $3.00 so i will put it on and see if this fixes it. thanks indiansprings , i wish i had dealers like you around me that care about the customer.

Unless you asked to have the chain sharpened and it is on the bill/service ticket, yep, you got a case. Take it right over their heads to whomever that is, husky regional? One of the guys here will know.

Unless you asked to have the chain sharpened and it is on the bill/service ticket, yep, you got a case. Take it right over their heads to whomever that is, husky regional? One of the guys here will know.

He got the saw back without having to pay anything, so that part is resolved.

Four tanks is like having four beers, kinda worthless.......its a strato, takes more to break it in, and the AT system like several run cycles also to suit itself to the operator.

The Triple Nickel.

Four tanks is like having four beers, kinda worthless.......its a strato, takes more to break it in, and the AT system like several run cycles also to suit itself to the operator.

The Triple Nickel.

Thanks hamish , I have a big tree that fell in the woods behind my place that is 60 to 70 foot tall i can put alot of run time on the saw. I really apreciate your help and the other members help also.:msp_smile: Oh abuot the beer , if i had four beers i would be worthless also:hmm3grin2orange:

Back