555 pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I get time I'll degree the 555. Not sure I'll have time with just me and the little one here right now. :(

If I get time I'll degree the 555. Not sure I'll have time with just me and the little one here right now. :(

LOL, Shoot I wouldnt. That 555AT runs like a ported saw as it is. So does the 576AT for that matter :)

Man Mike, thats one really nice phone you have. (The vids y'all saw were taken with Mike's phone)

BTW, Becca and Alyssa had a blast today. Alyssa was crying on the way home wanting to go back...... :(

Becca fell asleep about 25 minutes after we left and woke up at home. She went right to bed at 9 like usual.

I don't plan on porting it just getting the timing numbers on it. The 576 might get ported depending on how much time I get.

The phone does a better job than my video camera. I guess it's time for a new one since the old one is 5 years old.

Becca fell asleep about 25 minutes after we left and woke up at home. She went right to bed at 9 like usual.

I don't plan on porting it just getting the timing numbers on it. The 576 might get ported depending on how much time I get.

The phone does a better job than my video camera. I guess it's time for a new one since the old one is 5 years old.

LOL, shows how much i know about porting! I do like to run ported saws though:D:D

Has someone degree'd these two saws yet? I must have missed that one.

You wouldnt be just "speculating" again, would ya? :laugh:

Just going by memory from other discussions on the subject - but why else would the part number on the cylinder be different, when the piston is the same? :msp_confused:

My memory could of course be wrong....:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
I got to run the 555 earlier today, gotta say I was impressed. I never figured that saw would have the torque that it did, for the size of it.

I don't think any one that's ran it wasn't impressed. If the 562 is .5 hp more then it should run right with stock 70cc saws with a 20" bar.

I don't think any one that's ran it wasn't impressed. If the 562 is .5 hp more then it should run right with stock 70cc saws with a 20" bar.

Ya Imagine what the 570 COULD have been with this configuration/technology! Can't wait....what are they gonna call it though:msp_scared:

I got to run the 555 earlier today, gotta say I was impressed. I never figured that saw would have the torque that it did, for the size of it.

Ya Imagine what the 570 COULD have been with this configuration/technology! Can't wait....what are they gonna call it though:msp_scared:

Y'all keep talkin like this and I'm just goin to have to get one...soon! :msp_scared:

Sunfish, don't waste your time going to Springfield to Race Brother's. Stopped by the one at Monett yesterday afternoon, they had no idea their was a 555/562. They did however still have 575's/570's,359's,357's and the original 372 xp's. They did have a like new 350 marked at 225.00 though. They did not have any 555/562's on order or that's what the help told me.

Sunfish, don't waste your time going to Springfield to Race Brother's. Stopped by the one at Monett yesterday afternoon, they had no idea their was a 555/562. They did however still have 575's/570's,359's,357's and the original 372 xp's. They did have a like new 350 marked at 225.00 though. They did not have any 555/562's on order or that's what the help told me.

Thanks for that Indian, I have a very good dealer in Mountain Groove that had them on order a while back. They should have them by now. We'll see soon. BTW, they sell a bunch of XPs' and sold out of the old 372s about a year ago.

Here's a little video from today. It's cutting some maple up running 3/8" 20" RSK. My buddy was as impressed with the 555 as he was the modded 576.:cool2:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ZBHAlCNoew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess that dealer doesn't put much effort into being updated then, or he may he may have his priority on selling old stock.......:msp_unsure:

When I went to get the 20" bar for the 555 they hadn't heard of it yet either. They kept saying 455 but I didn't bring it with me so I couldn't show them. :msp_confused:

I guess that dealer doesn't put much effort into being updated then, or he may he may have his priority on selling old stock.......:msp_unsure:

They are a big store with 2 or 3 locations and sell a lot more lawn mowers / weed eaters than saws. More 'homeowner' oriented than pro. Not your typical chainsaw shop.

They are a big store with 2 or 3 locations and sell a lot more lawn mowers / weed eaters than saws. More 'homeowner' oriented than pro. Not your typical chainsaw shop.

They've got "good" prices on Stihl chains though at least compared to around me in STL. Amazingly I do have a local dealer that has a couple of 562's on order if they even exist!

They've got "good" prices on Stihl chains though at least compared to around me in STL. Amazingly I do have a local dealer that has a couple of 562's on order if they even exist!

Probably a pretty good store, but I'm 2 hours east of Springfield and have a very good dealer much closer. The way Indiansprings talks about them, makes a person want to stay away though. :msp_mellow:

Here's a little video from today. It's cutting some maple up running 3/8" 20" RSK. My buddy was as impressed with the 555 as he was the modded 576.:cool2:
That saw looks might good Mike.

I think I have my 2165 sold, I'll probably replace it with a 555.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back