555, ported, pop top, thinner base gasket, muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a hard time getting my measurement on this saw. Seems to be around 18-20. I don't remember my 365 being this difficult.
Tp change the squish I had to machine around 20 thousandths off the outside top lip of the piston.
You have the regular squish band in the cylinder and then a second ring about 1/32 wide. When I first checked squish with the thinner base gasket I had 21 thousandths on the main ring squish band and only .006 on the second.

I measured the smallest part of the solder.
I would think so. Look real close in your cylinder, there's a chance you have a different year and manufacturer of the cylinder who knows it may not have the second ring like mine. I had to make if I remember right a .005 thick gasket

I'll mess with it again tonight. I dont think i had another lip because I could see on the solder where is was hanging over edge of piston. So i know if there was one i would be able to see it. I'l do It again and post up some pics. I appreciate the help.

I wish this was a pic after being cleaned up but if you look you can see the double ring.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180216-115536.png
    Screenshot_20180216-115536.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
To me they look different, mine has 3 noticeable stair stepped rings yours appears to have 1
You may be just fine if your getting .018-.021 without a gasket. Yamma bond or comparable sealant should give you a couple thousandths extra clearance

That is still a mystery but pretty sure someone used an inappropriate tool for a piston stop. I only paid 100 bucks for saw but pre owner said it only needed carb work. Liar. I got a steal either way.

That is still a mystery but pretty sure someone used an inappropriate tool for a piston stop. I only paid 100 bucks for saw but pre owner said it only needed carb work. Liar. I got a steal either way.
Can't go wrong for that price. Its one of my favorite saws. I cut big pine mostly so mine sports a 24 inch bar all the time but with a 16 or 18inch it sounds pissed off, fun little runner.

Back