555's Have Arrived....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
555 husky

i just got one ,wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant believe the power band on this saw. havnt used it much yet but can tell you it is a pleasure to run. very smooth and gutsy.

i just got one ,wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant believe the power band on this saw. havnt used it much yet but can tell you it is a pleasure to run. very smooth and gutsy.

LOL, Welcome the 555 family. they are totally awesome arent they? Feels like its already broken in dosent it? I cant wait till I get this one broken in!

Anyone run one of these next to an MS362 yet? If it's faster than a 357 XP, maybe it'd run with a 362.

Anyone run one of these next to an MS362 yet? If it's faster than a 357 XP, maybe it'd run with a 362.

I dunno about a 362, but Mitch's (mweba) new 555 beat his broken in 357XP by a little over 2 seconds thru a log. So.....when the 555 get broken in i would imagine the gap would spread.

Guess that doesn't really say much for the 357 as a saw :msp_thumbdn:

Guess that doesn't really say much for the 357 as a saw :msp_thumbdn:

LOL, Cant understand why you would say that? To me, that says a helluva lot for the 555!
I'm like Mitch (mweba) this 562XP is really gonna have to be all that and them some to justify the extra money......

LOL, Cant understand why you would say that? To me, that says a helluva lot for the 555!
I'm like Mitch (mweba) this 562XP is really gonna have to be all that and them some to justify the extra money......

2 seconds is a huge gap! Especially for a saw rated for less power and isn't broken in. Put it this way, the 357 is rated at .1HP more than the 555. The 562 is rated .5HP higher than the 555. Granted cylinder setup is completely different, as is the rest of the saw from the older chassis, but still 2 seconds is embarassing.

2 seconds is a huge gap! Especially for a saw rated for less power and isn't broken in. Put it this way, the 357 is rated at .1HP more than the 555. The 562 is rated .5HP higher than the 555. Granted cylinder setup is completely different, as is the rest of the saw from the older chassis, but still 2 seconds is embarassing.

......lol, I do believe I see what you are saying now :) I sewar TK, that autotune is the real deal man, as you well know. It really feels like your runnin a well broken in saw. Amazing.

If I were in the market for a 60cc saw, the 555 would be it. Got a chance to handle one at the dealer that carries both Stihl and Husky. The 555 is well balanced and feels much lighter than the 357xp or 362.

The real question is if he used the same chain on both saws - it not, forget that comparison! :msp_biggrin:

Yes they were swapped.

Steve! NO ROLLS FOR YOU!

I can file, just can't count.........

Latest posts

Back