555's Have Arrived....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like they decided to go with the all orange look for the 555...even the top cover clips. I wonder if the 560/562 will follow or have the silver like all the pics have shown? .....

The 555 has always been "all orange" in the pics I have seen (official, and non-official), with the "silver" are reserved for the xp versions (not on the pre-production ones though).

There are no reason to believe they have changed their mind on that....

Last edited:
It looks like they aren't sitting too front heavy with those solid powermatch bars...hopefully the weight specs are still honest and they're staying flat since they are a relatively long powerhead...

what's the build date and sequence numbers on these if you can tell...just curious how long they have been sitting waiting on the green light to be imported.

The boxes I can see the serial number on indicate week 17 this year - that is back in april.

what's the build date and sequence numbers on these if you can tell...just curious how long they have been sitting waiting on the green light to be imported.

1st week of May, so they were built about 2 months ago. That's not really a long lead time. I've never seen anything with a build date that wasn't at least a month old.

The saw feels great overall. If it has the power it claims, then it's going to be a beast.

Close up feature? Those pics came off my stinkin phone! :rock:

It looks good up there with the rest of the saws. Back of the handle to the front of the oil tank is just under 17". The 359 was more like 16.5" - so there's not a big difference. The 555 is definitely looking slimmer and feels like most of the mass is situated really low.

5998791086_3855155dfd_z.jpg

1st week of May, so they were built about 2 months ago. That's not really a long lead time. I've never seen anything with a build date that wasn't at least a month old.
I'd say last week in april, so some days more than 3 months ago - but that is still normal....:cool2::msp_biggrin:

Put some fuel and oil in it and wound her up. Sounds good, but don't have any decent wood to play with until later when I leave here. Acceleration is good.

With it fueled up, I compared it's weight to some 357's, 2159, and 346's that I have in the shop. I'm definitely thinking this thing gained a half pound over the 560XP I had last year. Still a little lighter than the 357/359, but doesn't seem to split the difference right down the middle with the 346 like the pre-production did. I don't know, could just be my imagination too.

Can't wait to hog into a nice chunk of white oak that I saw there the other day.

Put some fuel and oil in it and wound her up. Sounds good, but don't have any decent wood to play with until later when I leave here. Acceleration is good.

With it fueled up, I compared it's weight to some 357's, 2159, and 346's that I have in the shop. I'm definitely thinking this thing gained a half pound over the 560XP I had last year. Still a little lighter than the 357/359, but doesn't seem to split the difference right down the middle with the 346 like the pre-production did. I don't know, could just be my imagination too.

Can't wait to hog into a nice chunk of white oak that I saw there the other day.

I would like to formally request that you put 8-10 tanks of fuel through her so you can give us reports of "post-break in" power. I'll give you at least 2 days to complete the task. Inquiring minds want to know. :msp_tongue:

I would like to formally request that you put 8-10 tanks of fuel through her so you can give us reports of "post-break in" power. I'll give you at least 2 days to complete the task. Inquiring minds want to know. :msp_tongue:

2 days, huh? :msp_rolleyes: Gonna take me a bit longer than that. I'll get a tank through it tonight, but getting 10 tanks through a saw to break it in is hard for a saw geek that owns way too many saws. :msp_w00t:

I don't want a 560. I don't want a 562. I don't want a 560. I don't want a 562. I don't want a 560. I don't want a 562.....................................................................Who am I kidding!!!

Really nice.....but if the weight of the 562 is close to the 357, they have lost some of the percieved advantage they held!!!

Why can't you do that! :msp_biggrin:

Hey Bob,

You sell any out the door yet?

barney34 said he's going to come over and get one today. But the one I fueled up is going out the door with me in about 4 hours.

Picked the one with the serial number ending in "43"; as in Richard Petty

Back