555's Have Arrived....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want a 560. I don't want a 562. I don't want a 560. I don't want a 562. I don't want a 560. I don't want a 562.....................................................................Who am I kidding!!!

Really nice.....but if the weight of the 562 is close to the 357, they have lost some of the percieved advantage they held!!!

I agree 100%. Can't let reality get lost in the hype here.

Funny thing is that I keep walking over and picking it up and asking myself, "is it really heavier or not?" Kind of subtle, one time I think it is, the next time I'm not sure.

I should really just get some work done and stop fussing over it. LOL

2 days, huh? :msp_rolleyes: Gonna take me a bit longer than that. I'll get a tank through it tonight, but getting 10 tanks through a saw to break it in is hard for a saw geek that owns way too many saws. :msp_w00t:

I mean, I didn't want to overburden you by requesting that report by tomorrow :rock: I hate to say but mine probably won't be fired up until someone chooses to purchase it, and I go through it to make sure she's good to go.

Why can't you do that! :msp_biggrin:

Let's not make this about me now :msp_tongue:

I don't see the 555 on Husqvarna's website. As I recall, it's a replacement of the 359. Anyone have the specs on this saw, and cost?

http
://www.husqvarna
.com/us/homeowner/press/a-world-leader-in-chain-saws-just-got-better/

I agree 100%. Can't let reality get lost in the hype here.

Funny thing is that I keep walking over and picking it up and asking myself, "is it really heavier or not?" Kind of subtle, one time I think it is, the next time I'm not sure.

I should really just get some work done and stop fussing over it. LOL

I also am a bit worried about what you said about that - were they able to use the light-weight crank on the production saws?

What is the code for this model? I can't find it. I like the slim profile look of the body.

562xp - 4.7hp 12.1 lbs (unofficial)
357xp - 4.4hp 12.1 lbs
555 - 4.3hp 11.8lbs (unofficial)
359 - 3.9hp 12.1 lbs

562xp - 4.7hp 12.1 lbs (unofficial)
357xp - 4.4hp 12.1 lbs
555 - 4.3hp 11.8lbs (unofficial)
359 - 3.9hp 12.1 lbs

The problem with that it very common knowledge that the 357xp/359 specs are waaay optimistic.

Also, the specs of the new saws hardly is unofficial any more, after the user manual became availiable.

That is one goofy ass cylinder angle they put on that saw...

That definitely explains the 'low down weight' feel you describe. It stands out to me compared to the other Huskys on the stand.

So much different looking compared to the little 350 I used to have...

Believe it or not, I kinda am longing for a little Husky 350 again... :taped:

Ran it tonight and was actually pretty impressed. Didn't seem all that far behind the 560 I had last year. I'll post some pics of the stuff I cut up tomorrow morning. (can't do pics at home)

VERY smooth saw. Stingy on fuel too, which makes hitting TK's 10 tank request all the more harder to do. :msp_rolleyes: Filled the truck on less than half a tank of fuel and I was screwing around with some extra test/cookie cuts. Mostly white oak; some red. Some 14"-16" stuff and I buried the bar in a big butt piece. Seemed to like the big wood. Would have been nice to have some other saws for comparison of course, but overall I thought it ran really good.

barney34 took one home and may chime in later with his thoughts. He also mentiond the apparent increase in weight, but he also reminded me that the first 560 I had was fitted with a narow kerf .325 bar, and that makes quite a different impressiom in the weight department. But either way, we figure that if something needed to be beefed up, then it's better to do it before releasing the saw to the market.

That definitely explains the 'low down weight' feel you describe. It stands out to me compared to the other Huskys on the stand.

Overall in looking at this thing I think it's very radical in comparison to the standards of Husky design. I'm quite surprised as to how well I've accepted this change and rather embraced it. I usually stick with the old goodies but this thing impresses me.

Ran it tonight and was actually pretty impressed. Didn't seem all that far behind the 560 I had last year. I'll post some pics of the stuff I cut up tomorrow morning. (can't do pics at home)

VERY smooth saw. Stingy on fuel too, which makes hitting TK's 10 tank request all the more harder to do. :msp_rolleyes: Filled the truck on less than half a tank of fuel and I was screwing around with some extra test/cookie cuts. Mostly white oak; some red. Some 14"-16" stuff and I buried the bar in a big butt piece. Seemed to like the big wood. Would have been nice to have some other saws for comparison of course, but overall I thought it ran really good.

barney34 took one home and may chime in later with his thoughts. He also mentiond the apparent increase in weight, but he also reminded me that the first 560 I had was fitted with a narow kerf .325 bar, and that makes quite a different impressiom in the weight department. But either way, we figure that if something needed to be beefed up, then it's better to do it before releasing the saw to the market.

You mean this thing is fuel efficient? Then it can't possibly make much power. Everybody knows that in order to make BIG power you need to feed it the FUEL!!! :eek:uttahere2: That's good news, except how's the oil consumption? Curious as to whether it will be tank for tank? The oil reservoir doesn't look all that big with the crankcase that size.

I know I know, you're just gonna tell me to go find out for myself :laugh:

At the very least they deserve credit for making a strato saw that isn't a fat ass heavy lump of saw. Evidently it's not that easy to do that.

Very interesting looking saw!

See the 'Made in Sweden' on the box.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/homeowner/press/a-world-leader-in-chain-saws-just-got-better/
(edited for space)

The slimmed-down height and width of the saw chassis makes them easier to handle. The distance between the front and rear handles has been optimized for efficient, comfortable operation. The innovative design also incorporates a lowered front handle with an overmold grip. On the inside, the 555 and 562 XP take advantage of Husqvarna’s revolutionary reduced gyro force technology. By reducing the weight of the saws’ key moving parts - fly wheel, crank shaft and piston – there is less interior movement in the engine, which creates less gyration.

Available on the 562 XP is the latest breakthrough feature from Husqvarna, Revboost. This feature allows for acceleration in chain speed over short periods to increase efficiency during cutting, specifically in de-limbing applications. Revboost is controlled by the ignition and enables users to increase to maximum RPMs for about two seconds. . . . both new saws come with captive bar nuts that remain attached to the clutch cover.

• Husqvarna’s patented AutoTune technology to deliver maximum performance. Sensors check conditions such as outside temperature and internal airflow and automatically adjust the engine’s fuel-air mix to optimum levels.

• Magnesium three-piece crankshaft for maximum durability.

Husqvarna 555.................Husqvarna 562 XP
Displacement, cc 59.8.......Displacement, cc 59.8
Power, kW/ hp 3.2/4.3......Power, kW/ hp 3.5/4.7
Wt w/o b/c, lbs 11.8.........Wt w/o b/c lbs 12.3
Bar length 16–20 inches. .Bar length 16–28 inches

Model:............................MSRP
555................................$529.95 – $569.95
562 XP...........................$699.95 – $749.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just for comparison:

STIHL MS 362..................59.0 cc (3.6 cu. in.)
......................................3.4 kW (4.6 bhp)
......................................5.9 kg (13.0 lbs)
..................................... 16 - 25 inches
......................................$659.95 - 679.95

Philbert

.... But either way, we figure that if something needed to be beefed up, then it's better to do it before releasing the saw to the market.

Yes, but the specs should be changed accordingly - l hope they don't repeat the mistake they did on the 357/359, in that department.

I hope the difference you feel is a result of the different bars, it surely is plausible!

I don't think I would be interested in owning a saw with a three piece magnesium crankshaft?

Surely that is some ad copy misprint?

Latest posts

Back