555xp sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Modell

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
what size sprocket do i need to run my 3/8 .050 18 bar on a new 555 xp saw. I am going to buy a new saw tomorrow without bar and chain to save a few bucks and run out my current stash of 3/8 chains,

Thanks for the help.

The 555 is a non XP version of the 560XP which is not imported into the USA. The 562XP only varies from the 560XP by having a larger bar mount.
By not being a "XP" the 555 does not have the full circle crank adaptors and the the coil is limited at a lower rpm. But you will find the general functionality very close to a 562XP.

The Husqvarna Triple Nickle will make a great general purpose firewood saw

I've been thinking of selling my 357xp and gettin a 555...
Unless your 357 has been ported, I don't think you'd be disappointed. I ran a 555 against a 562xp and it was truly close until we got into bigger wood, then the 562 really showed it's true colors.

Unless your 357 has been ported, I don't think you'd be disappointed. I ran a 555 against a 562xp and it was truly close until we got into bigger wood, then the 562 really showed it's true colors.
I ported the 357 a couple years ago and I really like the saw. But a pro builder could get more out of it!

I've had a 562 for 2 years and it is very impressive!

what size sprocket do i need to run my 3/8 .050 18 bar on a new 555 xp saw. I am going to buy a new saw tomorrow without bar and chain to save a few bucks and run out my current stash of 3/8 chains,

Thanks for the help.

Is the Husqy 555 really an Ex Pee?

No, it isn't.

The clutch spline size may vary with the market though, I believe they come with a small spline and a .325 setup on this side of the pond.

I ported the 357 a couple years ago and I really like the saw. But a pro builder could get more out of it!

I've had a 562 for 2 years and it is very impressive!
In this case, I don't know if a 555 would really be a good fit. For me it wouldn't, but your mileage may vary. If you just looking to replace a 357 that is backup to your 562, now that may make some sense.

In this case, I don't know if a 555 would really be a good fit. For me it wouldn't, but your mileage may vary. If you just looking to replace a 357 that is backup to your 562, now that may make some sense.
I use a 346xp more than any other saw, so fit doesn't really matter. Just have an itch to get another saw and can't really use all the saws I have now. LOL...:D

No, it isn't.

The clutch spline size may vary with the market though, I believe they come with a small spline and a .325 setup on this side of the pond.
The 562xp, 357 & 359 all use the standard spline, so I feel it's a good bet the 555 uses standard spline also?

The 562xp, 357 & 359 all use the standard spline, so I feel it's a good bet the 555 uses standard spline also?

Could well be it does in the US, and it is just about changing the drum anyway, so no big deal!:D

I have both drums for my 560xpg, but the small spline one was the original (here). The 357xp, 359, 262xp etc also came with a small spline drum here....

The saw will come with a rim and it likely will be 3/8 here, but I'm sure the dealer will put what ever rim ya want on it when buying the saw...

The saw will come with a rim and it likely will be 3/8 here, but I'm sure the dealer will put what ever rim ya want on it when buying the saw...

3/8"x7 rims are made for both the small and the standard 7-sline drums, but that is the only option they share.

The 3/8" version shown in the 560/562/555/556 IPLs is the standard spline setup, and the .325 version obviously is small spline, so both options is there.:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back