562 xp hot weather fixes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes both my 550 and 562 will not restart in this heat after a hard run. However after opening up the mufflers and adding some heat shielding
it takes higher temps before they act up. I've thought about deleting the primer system, I believe all those extra fuel lines get head soaked. Bad design that wasn't tested thoroughly!!

I am all ears to any potential fix.

Well fortunately it’s pretty rare for me to be running a chainsaw when it’s over 90 degrees, just to hot for me and 90 is pretty rare here in northern Wisconsin.

The real solution is in prevention of heat soak in the first place which is really huskys job. Though that's not helpful to all the 562/550 owners. Irrespective of brands when little 2stokes get heat soak, a common factor I've noticed is the primer bulb acts up too not filling properly or pulling gas through the carb. A roll of heat shield tape and a pair of scissors is where I'd start for a fix. Making the best with a stock problem unit, I've found keeping them running keeps them running. Hit the kill switch for refuel or whatever and that's when the game begins...

The real solution is in prevention of heat soak in the first place which is really huskys job. Though that's not helpful to all the 562/550 owners. Irrespective of brands when little 2stokes get heat soak, a common factor I've noticed is the primer bulb acts up too not filling properly or pulling gas through the carb. A roll of heat shield tape and a pair of scissors is where I'd start for a fix. Making the best with a stock problem unit, I've found keeping them running keeps them running. Hit the kill switch for refuel or whatever and that's when the game begins...
Exact conclusion I have come to expect.

where im at i consitantly run my saws at 90 degrees plus. today was over 90 ran a full tank thru it. shut it off hot,refueled directly after and no hot start or heat soak issues. here in okie country we just had the hottest may on record and june has been even more hot and humid.so I have gotten a good chance to test my modifications

Yes both my 550 and 562 will not restart in this heat after a hard run. However after opening up the mufflers and adding some heat shielding
it takes higher temps before they act up. I've thought about deleting the primer system, I believe all those extra fuel lines get head soaked. Bad design that wasn't tested thoroughly!!

I am all ears to any potential fix.

Before I post pics let me state that I'm also ASE Master diesel mechanic. So it only makes sense that if you have heat trapped in you can only modify so much to let it out before you have to introduce cool air to it

Anybody remember the difference between the older Stihl saws and the new Stihl saws ? The carb and airbox was separated from the engine. Look at the design on 24/026. 34 / 36. Was introducing cool air to the carb

Latest posts

Back