562 xp hot weather fixes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were talking about this on one of my threads last August. The shop gave moondoggie another cap with a hole in it and that cured the problem. He said it feels like its sucking air in when he puts his hand there.

I've tried removing the cap to see if it was a vent issue, didn't seem help my saws at least. If he feeling vacuum buy the cap, or the holes in the cover. I assume the cover, in that case the air injection sounds weak.

Question on the top cover is there baffles on the inside to guide the air from the flywheel into the cylinder fins? Since the cylinder is slanted does the air get forced to the cylinder fins or does it find its own path?

The flywheel does guide the air into the cylinder area but perhaps not enough for this saw. Cutting a new hole on the far side as an outlet for the air wash is what Husky has done with the updated covers.

The cover adds to the separation of the cylinder from the carb. But looking at the carb location inside the cover, clearly shows that heat from the slanted cylinder is very close and even with foil to reflect some of the heat away from the carb, once the heat gets into the carb compartment, there is no exit for hot air trapped there. Hence the OP's success with opening up the carb compartment to more outside air.

Whether its sucking cooler air in and augmenting the air flow or letting heat escape out, it might be a bit of both but I won't know until I cut some more holes, which i am a bit reluctant to do, as my saws work in the rain and the carb location is not ideal to be doused in rain.

I wouldn't let the problem prevent me from owning a 5 series, especially now with the factory retro fitted half ass'd solution shroud hole. For me, my saws have not suffered the issue, & when doing a decent size job I'm usually well armed with multiple saws. But if it were a top handle climbing saw it would send you nuts with a forever hatred to all things orange and grey. I think the 5ives have many good points as mid size pro work saws. But if all you had was a 562 that constantly gave you grief I get it...its ****. A Solo line trimmer vapour locks on me on hot summer days and it drives me a bit nuts, but its such a good performer over my other units that I forgive it for the 0.1% of the time it vapour locks, & when it does I get it restarted with a few trix.

Buying a brand new saw and having problems with it is unacceptable. My craftsman saws had vapor lock. There long gone. If the problem is fixed that’s fine but it should of never happened in the first place. This wouldn’t happen in my group of engineers. Problems should show up during the first tests. They didn’t put this design through the heat test.

Buying a brand new saw and having problems with it is unacceptable. My craftsman saws had vapor lock.
Yes, unacceptable in a lot of these cases. I could forgive human error on assembly but when the first time you pour the coal to it and problems start showing up then that a big issue. The old adage "never by a new saw until they get the bugs out" should never include warm/hot starts and air leaks. The only 2 times I had no choice but to buy a new model saw and the first time I avoided the 371 in 1996 when some joker decided to drive 8h home in the middle of the night not thinking that my gear was in the back of the truck. So I purchased the 272 because it had been around for 5 yrs. I ran it for a day and took it back because it set the nerves off in my back hand after two hours. Saw shop runs it up and said "that's just how the saw is" I said I disagree and If I can't run It... I don't want it! He said " well I can't put it on the floor now. And I smartly replayed " If my hand wasn't hurting so much, I would have brought it back in a box. I took a hundred dollar hit and probably lost a couple more in production. Made the next saw shop down the road that night and got the new 371. I was really impressed but when I cut hard...it would start to race. Got my back against the wall again 10 yrs later and bought the 575. Same issue. Cut hard and it would race....stop tune and reverse.

Its a huge joke considering I could thoroughly test 30 saws of one model In 8-10 hours. That includes swapping chains and paper work.
I honestly can't understand these acute issues getting through?

They did not test the 562 and 550 in the correct environments and with different fuels/oils. My guess has always been the computer models told them one thing, the real world another. They also saved money casting cylinders by adding transfer covers/air leaks lol. The assembly line issues were there too. Husqvarna made huge mistakes with the theses saws, and were too slow to correct the issues. They have lost a lot of trust in the industry, companies can't hide from this stuff in this day and age.

Every couple of months a new EL.. carb was released and new software upgrades along with a bunch of other factory changes....none of which corrected the heat soak issue. Its funny near every dealer who dealt with a problem saw always thought it was a software/AT/carb issue and customers gave up finding resolution through a dealer. None of them really diagnosed the problem and realised what was going on. The whole shamozzle was handled poorly by Husky.

Yes both my 550 and 562 will not restart in this heat after a hard run. However after opening up the mufflers and adding some heat shielding
it takes higher temps before they act up. I've thought about deleting the primer system, I believe all those extra fuel lines get head soaked. Bad design that wasn't tested thoroughly!!

I am all ears to any potential fix.

I have a nov 2017 model and have not had any issues with starting even after hard runs at 95 degrees here last week. I have common service tool and hooking up with that my highest temps on my carb shows 138 degrees. It still starts great when hot. Still I would be interested in what others on older models with those issues have to say.

I wanted a new saw something inbetween my 353 and 266. Now I just may pull one of my mini Mac eager beavers what ever they call it and fire it up. It was a trail saw on my quad. I thought Husqvarna was on the ball.

Buying a brand new saw and having problems with it is unacceptable. My craftsman saws had vapor lock. There long gone. If the problem is fixed that’s fine but it should of never happened in the first place. This wouldn’t happen in my group of engineers. Problems should show up during the first tests. They didn’t put this design through the heat test.
I hundred percent agree with you! One thing, Sweden weather is cooler in general. And I think many company’s use the consumer to do their final testing!!!

I have a nov 2017 model and have not had any issues with starting even after hard runs at 95 degrees here last week. I have common service tool and hooking up with that my highest temps on my carb shows 138 degrees. It still starts great when hot. Still I would be interested in what others on older models with those issues have to say.
How much is service tool?

Latest posts

Back