562 xp ms 362 c m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people just think everything they use, own, do or buy is the best. I wonder if he argues his tax service is better than H&R Block

man'o'man, for a second there i thought you were describing a german; then i saw the second part and realized you were describing mike LOL. just teasing mike. it was just to open and i couldn't live with myself not to say it. i think thee ol'boys are just keep'n ya going mike. how about lets forget the 362 and talk about the 044. you would need an 044 to compete with a 562 anyways. :D

I think if you put Stihl RS on that saw it will put a smile on your face.

W C ... I'll bring my 044s to the GTG, your welcome to bring whatever you want to compare with them. Are you saying the 562s are stronger than the 372s???

I currently have 33rm chain on my 562, but I also run lgx and rs chain on it as well. Usually depends on how dirty the wood is.

Ive had loops of LGX that were faster than RS out of the box..i can buy 20" loops of LGX locally 3 for 45 dollars...stihl chain is a rip off..its too damn expensive at dealers around me.

I run Oregon semi chisel skip, 72apx I think ? When u work on the ground and do flush cuts dirt is inevitable so the small speed semi chisel gives up is overcome by the durability compared to full chisel. Skip just sharpens so fast and I can hardly tell a difference in smoothness or speed compared to full comp. Loggerchain.com has it for $299 w free shiping so quite a deal considering I go thru 3-4 rolls a year ! Check them out, good prices on premade loops too ! I used to hate semi chisel but the more I use it the more I'm loving it. Stays sharper longer and doesn't cut much slower at all. ( I don't race saws I make a living with them) so don't be afraid to try something different fellas, just speaking from thousands of hours of learning by trial and error ! Lol...

LOL i was just talking to get ya riled up. i don't even care. to tell you the truth i have never timed a cut with any chainsaw in my life, never timed a video posted here in my life. the reason is because i just don't care. while performance is nice i would sacrifice some performance for better erognomics and handling. same goes for porting, while i do like to run a ported saw the couple seconds i save in the cut is not worth the money spent on port work to me. i would rather learn to port saws myself and enjoy that rather then paying someone to do it for me and not get the enjoyment of playing around looking for gains. not to mention most are just paying for a shaelf queen with a sticker. when i joined here i was in absolute shock to see how many home owners who run ported saws cause that is completely unheard of where i'm from. then i figured they must just cut lots of wood. then i started seeing guys who owned a ported saw for 4 years and put 3 tanks through it and realized they just want a ported saw to show off. if a guy can build a strong saw his saws show off his skills without him even trying. if a guy owns a ported saw to show off it shows nothing more then he has some disposable income. i know alot of professionals who won't spend the money to have a saw ported because they feel the value is not there. of course, everyone is different and there is no denying the fun factor of a ported saw. you gotta pay to have fun sometimes.

Ive had loops of LGX that were faster than RS out of the box..i can buy 20" loops of LGX locally 3 for 45 dollars...stihl chain is a rip off..its too damn expensive at dealers around me.
Same here but the only semi chisel i like is RM. Im ok with RS or LGX. I sharpen everything right outta the box and knock the rakers down so i never really noticed which was sharper when new.

A ported saw can save you a lot of time bucking decent size wood.

I currently own 3 ported saws mike. I just didn't pay a premium for them. Port work pays off if a guy is using it for work and can actually get a decent amount of hours out of it. I haven't heard of any significant hours put on any ported saw here. I'm not saying don't port saws. Just stating my opinion on the matter. People have their saws ported so they can say it's ported in their sig. Knowing what your doing and making every step count saves a lot more time then a fast saw. You learn that very quickly when your actually working in the bush.

Mike im gonna go with what hedgerow said " its the indian not the arrow " theres guys with just muffler mods and good chains that would spank you with a ported saw and 45/45 chain.

actually, there are guys with stock saws with a small washer welded over the outlet making it smaller that could spank him LOL

I'm just glad I have a chainsaw.

The first time I heated with wood......I was 17. I rented a house with only a fireplace......no heating system at all. I bricked up the opening, and added a thimble for a 6" pipe......then got a small wood stove.

I didn't own a chainsaw, so I cut wood with a bow saw for about a month. I'd get home from work, search the woods around the fields for downed stuff, and cut it up. I was young and full of energy, but damn.

The first saw I got was a sand cast Poulan for 15.00. That sob about made my ears bleed. Was it better than a dull bow saw? Hell yes. :)

Back