562 xp with sugihara barBest b-day present ever!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to AS and all the members. I have been researching for half a year. Had a jonesred cs 2150 that did well cutting the 5 cords a year but was ready for an upgrade. Sold it to my brother. Also have a 2171 which is great for felling big stuff when doing some cutting for local loggers. A bit heavy for firewood work. So, my awesome wife treated me to my dream saw.
Bottom line is that all the info I got here made the decision easy.

Nice saw you got cheese head? I'm not feeling good and drank a lot of cough medicine so jab back at me if you must.;) I'm finding myself being a 60cc/40cc guy while some are 70/50. Anyways enjoy the saw and feel free to give an honest review.

Did you photo shop that one? Grey side covers don't come that nice out of the box ;)

Just kidding as they grey on my 562 has held up much better than my 550.
That pic was the day took it out of the box, it did indeed have the normal box rash on the silver. No clue why Husky uses that crappy paint.

Also a 562 owner with Husqvarna 18 inch bar, it will be 2 years old next month, Husqvarna replaced the carb under warranty the first year and it was quite an improvement, other than that it's been a great saw, I've only cut a little over 30 facecords of firewood with it so far. Things I really like are the gas window, the very convenient on off switch and the quick easy chain adjustment. Wish it was a little quieter but I finally bought a helmet with ear muffs so noise ain't much of an issue any more, the next thing I really should get is safety chaps.

Also a 562 owner with Husqvarna 18 inch bar, it will be 2 years old next month, Husqvarna replaced the carb under warranty the first year and it was quite an improvement, other than that it's been a great saw, I've only cut a little over 30 facecords of firewood with it so far. Things I really like are the gas window, the very convenient on off switch and the quick easy chain adjustment. Wish it was a little quieter but I finally bought a helmet with ear muffs so noise ain't much of an issue any more, the next thing I really should get is safety chaps.
Thanks for the info. This one was manufactured in 2016 and has the el48 carb so hopefully it won't need replacing. Was able to get the 4 year warranty by trading the bar that came with it for the 3 cans of premixed fuel and a 6 pack of 2 stroke oil. I brought in the sugihara bar.

When cutting with local loggers that use husqvarna I certainly noticed how they scream compared to my jred 2171. But I have always worn the helmet with ear muffs, so not a big deal. Also, almost always wear chaps. Both the helmet and chaps have saved me a couple times.

Also got the 4 year warranty, a friend bought his 562 a year or 2 before me and missed out on the extra warranty.

Yes the higher rpms I think is the cause for the somewhat irritatitaing to me noise or maybe I'm just getting older, my other saws sounds really don't bother me.

Hearing protection is good, being def doesn't seem fun and even worse is a constant ringing in yours ears. I had a constant ringing for a long time because I shot guns without protection. I also have a bad eye because I shut down my saw and took my fogged up safety glasses off to yank on a vine and got crap in my eye and didn't take care of it in time. The chaps are a must. My manager at work hit his thigh when he was young and needed 65 stiches. I recently cut up a tree across the road trying to get to work and just pulled out the truck saw with no protection and almost got hurt. My chain break was on but just a quick brush up with the chain caused this damage.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    903.7 KB · Views: 34
Nice saw you got cheese head? I'm not feeling good and drank a lot of cough medicine so jab back at me if you must.;) I'm finding myself being a 60cc/40cc guy while some are 70/50. Anyways enjoy the saw and feel free to give an honest review.
Well, I have put about a dozen tanks of gas through my new saw. 3/4 of the use was bucking oak 100 inch sticks and the rest was felling limbing and bucking oaks up to about 15 inches in diameter. It has run flawlessly. Impressed with the power and how light it is compared to my jred 2171. Putting the two side by side I think the 562 is equal in cutting performance. There is no comparison with my old jred 2152. The 562 doesn't seem to weigh much more yet has much more power. One thing I am still messing with is the oiler, it seems to need to be all the way up to oil the 20 inch sugihara bar. All in all, I am very pleased.

Back