562XP 20 or 24in bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bar Lengh...

• Total voters
I have a muffler modded 562 that wears a 28" Techlite and pulls skip tooth chain. Balance is fine.
2013-08-01_17-02-54_322_zpsaed79ba0.jpg

I know this thread has been quiet for some time but since it came up in a search I thought I would chime in.

I have been running a 562XP with a 28" Tsumura and full skip for six months now. I have put about about 120 hours in using this combination. I use it for felling, limbing, and bucking of logs up to 20 inches. I must say the balance is good and the weight doesn't even compare to the stock bars. The rails have held up well. I do see some wear near the tip and at the base that is out pacing the rest of the rails but this is expected. It has held up well in situations where the bar has been pinched, better than I expected.

I would recommend this bar to others if they are looking for a lightweight durable bar. I got it from Thechainsawguy in BC. He gave me good service and it didn't take too long to get to me in OR. I'm thinking of getting a second one as a back up/future replacement. Worth it in my opinion.

By the way, longer is actually better for ones body and thus safety in my humble opinion. Go with a the Tsumura 28" bar on a Husqvarna 562XP and your back will thank you. PH stays close in and is a better ergonomic position. My body thanks me every day. ;)

Back