562xp 32"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
04885efce5f464e00b07d17be2d5f29c.jpg
d2889a84f2d64f29c457031b42cee908.jpg

A 562xpw with a 32" 3/8 .63 semi skip chisel chain in 5.5' cedar, I have cut 4.5' fir with it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, thank you. I guess I was looking for the guy who posted a pic earlier this month of a big sequoia he downed with a 562xp 32" r.w. Whether ported or not, I don't recall, but that was his set up. As to why I want to try this? I don't know? The wood is punky S#!T and I want to stay as far away as possible, limbing is ridiculous, works as a nice pry poping my undercuts, I don't know. Just a thought. If people can run a 50" cannon on a 660, why not a 32 ona 562. Anyhow, thanks and stay safe. P.S. That stihl 462 is very vacuum looking, wtf?
Hope my previous post helps you out if that's the one you're thinking of. It pulls it just fine, stock saw just opened up the muffler there's a few guys around my area running them for falling and bucking here.

after i received a PM from a member here about running a 32 on a 562 i tried it and it really doesn't do bad at all. well worth the power to weight. the member actually might have been skeans. i've ran a 33" tsumura L&T a bunch now on it and it's quite acceptable as long as i don't set the rakers the way i do like if it was on a 90cc saw. the thing about oiling is way way over thought here on AS IMO. with a good tacky bar oil a 372 will oil a 36" just fine yet you here guys here say no way. i run the stihl heavy oil in orange bottle or husky bar oil with the 33" and 562 and when i swap out the chain it is all goopy in the bar rail. it doesn't even concern me a little bit. i do like the added balls of a 70cc+ saw though.

after i received a PM from a member here about running a 32 on a 562 i tried it and it really doesn't do bad at all. well worth the power to weight. the member actually might have been skeans. i've ran a 33" tsumura L&T a bunch now on it and it's quite acceptable as long as i don't set the rakers the way i do like if it was on a 90cc saw. the thing about oiling is way way over thought here on AS IMO. with a good tacky bar oil a 372 will oil a 36" just fine yet you here guys here say no way. i run the stihl heavy oil in orange bottle or husky bar oil with the 33" and 562 and when i swap out the chain it is all goopy in the bar rail. it doesn't even concern me a little bit. i do like the added balls of a 70cc+ saw though.

It depends on what you're cutting!!!! With the girly wood you're cutting you probably don't even need bar oil.:ices_rofl:

Another good bar oil is Christsen's durex medium or all season really good stuff never had a bar or chain failure.

And here I was thinking that a 28" bar was past anything I wanted to use on a 562 on anything more than a very occasional situation.
Makes me wonder if perhaps the av springs have softened in mine. It just felt noodly and horrible with that much bar on it. Was fine once you were properly into a cut, but wasn't exactly intuitive bumping branches or lining up cuts. Made it more tiring (for me) than the same bar on a heavier saw with av that was more appropriate for a longer, heavy bar.

Excuse me while I shuffle off and think about lightweight 28" bars.......

And here I was thinking that a 28" bar was past anything I wanted to use on a 562 on anything more than a very occasional situation.
Makes me wonder if perhaps the av springs have softened in mine. It just felt noodly and horrible with that much bar on it. Was fine once you were properly into a cut, but wasn't exactly intuitive bumping branches or lining up cuts. Made it more tiring (for me) than the same bar on a heavier saw with av that was more appropriate for a longer, heavy bar.

Excuse me while I shuffle off and think about lightweight 28" bars.......
The main thing I can say is I don't push or pull on my saws, my 385 I have a 42 on and only put one set of av springs on it after 15 years.

The main thing I can say is I don't push or pull on my saws, my 385 I have a 42 on and only put one set of av springs on it after 15 years.

I'm the first to admit that my saws are - while well cared for - they are also well used in often less than ideal conditions, and I can be a total hack at times.
I am also fussy and can find relatively subtle things annoy me.

I'm the first to admit that my saws are - while well cared for - they are also well used in often less than ideal conditions, and I can be a total hack at times.
I am also fussy and can find relatively subtle things annoy me.
I do my best to keep up on mine but they do get used hard and very often for production falling, but I normally don't pop out my faces with the saws and bars.

Back