562xp bar and chain selection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On

that's correct. And it seems to be on par with the rest of the best.

I wouldn't say "on par" . When Swedish Homestead compared the MS462 & 572XP , the 572 was the faster cutter, by a pretty big margin if I remember correctly. They switched the 572 to last year's chains and the 462 was faster.

I would say it's great if it proves durable.

It feels that way. To early to make judgement for me. Right now, it almost feels more capable than the saw...

The way I understood that Swedish Homestead video is, that best saw is the Stihl, but that C85 is a killer.

The way I understood that Swedish Homestead video is, that best saw is the Stihl, but that C85 is a killer.

I got the same feeling. If it's a 3/8 .050, what's stopping anyone from using the C85 on the Stihl?

You see, for me is a package. I don't want Husky with rollomatic.
And it seems, that right now, Husky has got little gem, in the form rather capable chain.

You notice the hotter the saw gets the better she cuts. Nice saw congrats.

Thanks Bill.
Or the Autotune learns it's business...

That second clip is second ever cut. You have seen it loosing it's virginity....

I am using 100 octane Shell gasoline, XP oil, mixture slightly richer (bit more oil).

They say in the manual, do not rev for the first 10 hrs. What's that? 15-20 tanks?
That for me is most of the season...

Again, initial impressions, that C85 chain is good.
In few weeks time, once I get few tanks out, I will do video head to head between the old Husqvarna chain and this.

Be interesting to see how it cut vs a square chisel chain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say "on par" . When Swedish Homestead compared the MS462 & 572XP , the 572 was the faster cutter, by a pretty big margin if I remember correctly. They switched the 572 to last year's chains and the 462 was faster.

I would say it's great if it proves durable.

I wouldn't put too much into a single "test" like that - as there just are too many ways that that the procedure can be staged to show a particular result (on purpose or by accident) + there are too many variables involved anyway with the exact chain loops, saws and wood used.

It is interesting enough to warrant further "investigation" though - or to just give that new chain model a chance.

I had good luck by radiousing the gullet in standard chain. Go a tad under the cutting edge then use the file n guide to sharpen the cutting edge razor sharp. I learned this by trying it in the speed cutting at the fairs, I left the speed cutting saw setup because the fairs were close together. I took the saw in the woods cutting firewood and she ran through hardwoods like a hot knife through butter.

I admit I have to test this new chain too. Maybe it’s better.

Proper filing of gullets too often is forgotten, no doubt about that - but actually sharpening them surely has its limitations?

On this splendid Saturday morning, I decided to do some damage to the local forest.
Oak. Lovely oak.
Love oak.
The C85 was on also the standard Husky (on the pic)
From my own experience, the C85 is atleast 10% faster, then the old design.
Highly recommended!

Back