562xp crank stuffers or not!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that it will be closer to a 555 than a Xp designated saw. Just looking for longevity from it. Thinking that the stuffers are nice but take away from the nylon caged bearings getting lubed as good as they should so they don’t fail..

Just looking for longevity from it. Thinking that the stuffers are nice but take away from the nylon caged bearings getting lubed as good as they should so they don’t fail..

This +.....

Why would I mix fuel different… all saws I have are recommended for 50:1 mix and 2 of the saws are late 70’s early 80’s era saws and never had a bearing failure

Your 70s&80s era saws are not of X-torq, 2-Mix design...
Here Mix (fuel + oil) flows differently through the lower part (bearings) of the engine....

Not of X-Torq design…your right..they are not over engineered to make the most power with out long lasting performance….that’s why they have more hours than a normal x-torq saw …they were designed for longevity…from what I see is that once I removed the stuffers from crank there was more than double surface area for fuel/oil mix to lubricate bearings along with the fact of not holding all the extra heat to the bearings without proper cooling

But the x-torq comment doesn’t mean much to me…being that the x-torq saws were built a while before the 562,550,etc. saws were even thought about with less bearing failures. One because they had metal bearing cages and two because there was no crank stuffers to hold heat, hamper bearing lubrication along with a slightly loose stuffer can cause undo crank vibration that could hamper bearing life..

Why would I mix fuel different… all saws I have are recommended for 50:1 mix and 2 of the saws are late 70’s early 80’s era saws and never had a bearing failure
I think you answered your own question. You want to remove the stuffers to get more oil to the bearings, but you don't want to just add more oil instead ?

Latest posts

Back