562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the guys out of warranty, maybe someone can open up an EL48 and see what the difference is. It may be something as simple as a different size idle jet or transition hole - which might be easily be altered on an earlier carb.

If someone is going to check out the new carb, there are four things I'd be looking at -
Idle or low speed jet
Transition/air bleed holes
Metering spring
Size of the metering orifice under the needle

Any one or a combination of the above would affect the throttle response.

Throttle valve and the software. The valve and the software have been the only major leaps and bound changes from the EL44 to the EL46 and finally the EL48...............and wait for it................the EL50 carb specific wise.

The throttle valve normally works with the idle mixture. Did they do something like offset the cutaway or change it's shape so that it had a different effect on the transition holes? Anyone have a picture of the before and after throttle valve so that an earlier carb can be modded?

I presumed you were on a keyboard since its so easy to locate on a phone, lol.

Glad I could somewhat be of assistance.
The simplest things in life, are sometimes the hardest.

Seriously though, it's in the menu with all the voodo symbols. €¥£¿{}<>§«»©^®ω⊙¤℃°℉

So...... Any update on this subject? I was looking on the husky sight at there IPL and see the anti vibes have changed also. I also notices the carb to cylinder intake pipe has changed. I'm really curious so what exactly is different In the carb and pipe. The IPL shows a different butterfly of course but what else? Someone also mentioned the software. What did they adjust and hope to get out of it? Would be nice to put our heads together and figure this out. My local dealer hardly can operate a fone let alone a computer with the autotune software.

I'm also curious if there are any updates on this topic. I've been reading threads for days trying to find a definitive solution to the awful stumble I get off idle. I've read that the EL44 is the better option, now the EL 48?

I just want to make this saw run right... I'd hate to have to drop $100 on a new carb, but if that's the only solution, so be it

Latest posts

Back